OG GMB Advice "Buy your house before you get married"

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
"And only have it in your name so when yall get divorced, they cant give it to her"

-Old Military Head at work just told me this.

:ehh:

As a dude...you need to protect yourself...

If a bytch won't sign a prenup and a postnup and all types of shyt...you don't need to get married...

And I honestly would never let a bytch live with me....

Soon as that happens...you get common law marriage going on and the courts will take your shyt regardless....in some states....

Have your own house and let that bytch have her own house...if she can't afford a place to stay...you don't need her....

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Even if the property is only in your name, you may not be allowed to sell or encumber the home without your spouse’s consent, or court approval.

Who Gets the House in Divorce? | DivorceNet.com

All assets will need to be identified and valued as part of the process of working out what there is to divide up. The home and any other properties will be included in this – regardless of whose name the property is in. "There is no formula in this country setting out how assets are to be split on divorce,"

Divorce: what happens to the family home?
GMB :lebronumad:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, don't marry triflin. bytches don't just do 360s out of the blue. They ALWAYS give off signs of trife. Lots of cats just refuse to open their eyes.
A woman wanting half of the shyt in a divorce isn't trifling though. You could be in love with a great woman and still break up, that's just how relationships work. And there isn't anything wrong with her wanting to get what she legally can get.