King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Fukk glorifying gangs tho :francis:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I was surprised when Big U said a lot of Rollin 60's took martial arts classes.

Big U said that he's a blackbelt.

boxing too . I know fasho my uncles grew up going to the same gym Shane Mosley was goin to in Pomona . Fighting was how you proved how hard you was . nikkas was gettin slept daily

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
It was different back than cats like my pops and uncles stayed lifting weights getting swole and boxing. I guess the reason you don’t see that now is because people are on drugs and they would rather use guns.

I’m not from Cali like them though but I know cats used to workout all day at the crib in the yard and if they went to jail worked out even more. Even in the chi back when I was younger they were bigger...
Word then oldheads always gotta hit you with some shadowbox-air jab and shyt when they see you at the cookout.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
They had discipline. Which is very hard to come by now. Nobody gets that kind of physique without discipline.
Not to mention having a warriors mentality, so you had to stay fit and brolic.

You got more respect for using the hands, than needing a gun.

Plus, ant no guns n prison

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Naw, I'm only talking about the gangsters back then.

The OGs talked about this in these videos.

Nikkas ain’t on that cuz females ain’t on it (wrong or right) and neither is today’s fashion (why get guap and have to wear sweats and tank tops all day.....nikkas ain’t wit it)

Plus snoop came in and crushed the buildings.....biggest Gangsta rapper to ever come outta cali and reppin crip was 125lbs soak and wet ...and all the bytches was goin.....it all put an end to that shyt (dre repped the weight lift nikkas in the g thang video tho :manny:).....but yea it’s ova, welcome to the xbox ps4 gangsta generation.

plus when you try hard......y’all know the rest

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

Dat nikka Daz on Instagram doing standing backflips and shyt . That older generation built different.

But yes Southern Cal been a hotbed for martial arts for a hot min.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:patrice: this guy talking about curling 295 lbs (5 25 lb plates on each side + bar 45 lbs = 295 lbs) for 10 reps in a row, but the world record is 249 lbs for 1 rep :patrice:

ive been to olympia few times and worked out with some of the strongest people on earth, the most ive seen is about 200 lbs curl and this is from someone who squats 750 and benches about 500

my arms are bigger than most people heads (someone here accused me of using synthol :martin: ) and my max curl is 155 lbs (even though most of the mass in your arm is from your tri cep, so if you want bigger arms do more tricep work outs, also theirs 2 muscles to your bicep so dont forget to work both out)

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Not surprising tbh. In old school cats learned how fight due to the martial arts explosion on videos or coming from pro black families who knew self defense was important.