OG Black Farmer Explains why Seedless Watermelon is NOT Genetically modified

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
My grandad had a farm in the Carolinas. I remember when he first started growing the seedless joints. He would buy the seeds in the fall, then play around with them in his greenhouse to see how they were going to grow in the summer. He liked playing around with different combinations of soil, watering techniques and seeds. He didn’t even know the word GMO and used only mild pesticides if at all. He always did seeded and seedless because he sold them to markets. If he was genetically modifying them, it was nothing more than combining seeds. Them fake ass Rizza Islam nikkas don’t know what the hell they talmbout because they equate seedless watermelons with something insidious

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
My grandad had a farm in the Carolinas. I remember when he first started growing the seedless joints. He would buy the seeds in the fall, then play around with them in his greenhouse to see how they were going to grow in the summer. He liked playing around with different combinations of soil, watering techniques and seeds. He didn’t even know the word GMO and used only mild pesticides if at all. He always did seeded and seedless because he sold them to markets. If he was genetically modifying them, it was nothing more than combining seeds. Them fake ass Rizza Islam nikkas don’t know what the hell they talmbout because they equate seedless watermelons with something insidious
Everything you described is science. Your grandad was a scientist and he experimented

And yes fools are really regressing. Following foolish talking heads.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I understand because as a sickle cell carrier i learned the mutation came about from selective breeding

The environment will always try to adapt and stabilise its population/ birth ratio

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Selective breeding in a lab is still the same as doing it naturally just faster. It's like doing calculus with your mind vs a calculator. The right answer would be the same regardless of the process. It's all genetic modification. Now if he said they were gene editing those things you might have a point. Depends on the type of modifications he is talking about.

The issue her was him the farmer and even posters here don't consider selective breeding gene modification which is false.
You take two plants on the farm that displays traits you want combined into one fruit a d cross pollinate them........you say lab and it makes people spider senses tingle ol breh in the video explained it perfectly.....we know blanket terms exist for everything, but by being obtuse it allows for misunderstandings just like this

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
shyt shakes out funny on these coli streets.........blanket terms for the win when it's convenient, but thus is the home od diaspora wars........so black should be black if we gone use blanket terms right? Just a black man on a different t land mass but a black man none the same? Be consistent by white jesus be consistent

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Again, selective breeding......fun fact though, the banana is on the verge of extinction......
Not all bananas just the Cavendish l which is the most common ones we see in stores. It'll just get replaced with a different kind. Just like the Cavendish replaced the Gros Michel in the 1960s.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Selective breeding is genetic modification. :snoop:
It shouldn't have taken this long to explain.

Saying something os GM is almost as vague as saying something is "organic". In the US specifically I believe GM covers literal gene editing to exposing plants to bacteria they wouldn't naturally be exposed to in their normal environments. We've beem lowkey developing GM crops for over 200 years in some shape or form. shyt like peas and cereals were developed by what's considered GM methods.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Selective breeding in a lab is still the same as doing it naturally just faster. It's like doing calculus with your mind vs a calculator. The right answer would be the same regardless of the process. It's all genetic modification. Now if he said they were gene editing those things you might have a point. Depends on the type of modifications he is talking about.

The issue her was him the farmer and even posters here don't consider selective breeding gene modification which is false.
its nuanced... which is a something folks cant be bothered with.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I quit sugar and desserts a couple weeks ago and been on Watermelon as my after dinner snack and it the most beautifulest thing! No cookies n cream ice cream..pie, or cake ...but I got watermelon!

:blessed:

Iont know WTF I'ma do when watermelon season over with though..

:mjcry: