Official Young Justice Thread

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
So I just put on the very first episode of Young Justice for old times sake, and I saw that it starts on July 4th.

Guess what was the date at the end of today's episode?

They went full circle (so to speak) :sadbron:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Kid Flash, not gonna lie that got to me a little :sadcam:

I thought the fight with Black Beetle would have lasted longer, damn time constraints. He really has been an MVP of this season, along with Kaldur.

That glimpse of Darkseid at the end, but with no resolution :damn:

Saint of Commerce

Debts is paid in the Death Parade
Daps
Reppin
NY Universal
Let me reiterate my prior point:

They made SPORTSMASTER a viable threat! :damn:

i fux with the yj version of sportsmaster, but they bossed him up at the expense of black manta, all he has goin 4 him is that hes athletic, he shouldnt be able 2 just wax that nikka manta so easily, they butchered manta crazy in this.......................devil ray in jlu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>black manta in yj. at least in jlu son was a legitimate threat, he almost bodied wonder woman twice in 1 episode, nikka had the league str8 petro cuz of how ruthless he was, no wonder he was the only villain 2 actually get murked the whole series....:birdman:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:clap:

It was a great tv series yall

perhaps the last of its kind.

yea i hated that they deaded kaldur & rocket. i hated that they never had a flashback episode or segment revealing how aquagirl got killed or how/where kaldur found out about his father, or how he felt about aquaman keepin that from him or what convo led him dikk and Wally to use that to their advantage (remember that Kaldur's focus ep in season 1 involved him fighting manta without knowing that was his dad, but obviously manta knew who kaldur was but kept it to himself). M'gann piecing his mind and memories back together would have been the perfect time to reveal all this.. and i thought that was the plan actually.

but, to echo others, everything was so rushed b/c of the cancelation that who knows how things would have gone if they'd actually had a full 26 episodes (like in season 1) to flesh things out, or just had another season where they could carry things over.

At the end of the day tho, i felt invested in the core characters (and felt some sort of way when wally.. yknow) and felt this show did a great job in including black and brown people in this (static & blue beetle) as well as strong female characters (black and white) and positive portrayals of black romance (bumblebee+mal) that you rarely see on mainstream television.

These are the type of cartoons that kids need to be watching as it subtly introduces and desensitizes them to the idea of differing racial and gender roles in leadership and heroism, as opposed to the white washed bullshyt they are fed everyday in other forms of entertainment.

I :salute: this show on so many levels man, i didn't expect much from it when it first aired a few years back but it was well worth the time invested. Nothing but respect to the creators for a job damn well done.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York

yea i hated that they deaded kaldur & rocket. i hated that they never had a flashback episode or segment revealing how aquagirl got killed or how/where kaldur found out about his father, or how he felt about aquaman keepin that from him or what convo led him dikk and Wally to use that to their advantage (remember that Kaldur's focus ep in season 1 involved him fighting manta without knowing that was his dad, but obviously manta knew who kaldur was but kept it to himself). M'gann piecing his mind and memories back together would have been the perfect time to reveal all this.. and i thought that was the plan actually.

but, to echo others, everything was so rushed b/c of the cancelation that who knows how things would have gone if they'd actually had a full 26 episodes (like in season 1) to flesh things out, or just had another season where they could carry things over.

At the end of the day tho, i felt invested in the core characters (and felt some sort of way when wally.. yknow) and felt this show did a great job in including black and brown people in this (static & blue beetle) as well as strong female characters (black and white) and positive portrayals of black romance (bumblebee+mal) that you rarely see on mainstream television.

These are the type of cartoons that kids need to be watching as it subtly introduces and desensitizes them to the idea of differing racial and gender roles in leadership and heroism, as opposed to the white washed bullshyt they are fed everyday in other forms of entertainment.

I :salute: this show on so many levels man, i didn't expect much from it when it first aired a few years back but it was well worth the time invested. Nothing but respect to the creators for a job damn well done.

:lawd: :salute:

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

:salute:

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Naw. This show ain't over, bruhs. I'll see y'all here next week, right?

RIGHT!?:damn: Somebody call BK/BROOKLYN ZOO...CALL SO ICEY/TBM/TPC/THE KLIQ. COLI BRUHS, YOU ALL MUST UNITE AND FIGHT FOR OUR JUST CAUSE. :to:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Well stated. yeah, this show is the last of its kind cause the toys ain't selling and because kids today are too damn addicted to anime and poorly made American made cartoons. Like you said, YJ portray heroism that crossed racial and gender lines and fleshed out all of the characters that actually had motives and conflicts within themselves, and each other. Thanks to today's PC parents and weak minded execs, all we gonna have left is the occasional Batman cartoon and the rest of the garbage on TV. Damn shame how Greg Weisman prepared this show. It could have had over 100+ episodes and started a phenomenon.

Now, we will never know :ld:

Damn shame how all of this played out.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
you know what we must do brehs :damn: Amazon.com: young justice toys time to buy toys who cares if our kids want them or not this will be their Christmas, birthday, etc presents for the for-seeable future

If it don't work it's ok we'll get Teen Titans Go...................................To HELLLLL WITH THEM :pacspit:

Why won't they produce Young Justice for us man
fresh-prince-sad-o.gif

tr2k

All Star
Daps

Naw. This show ain't over, bruhs. I'll see y'all here next week, right?

they even showed a commercial as if new episodes of Green Lantern and YJ are coming

:manny:

RIGHT!?:damn: Somebody call BK/BROOKLYN ZOO...CALL SO ICEY/TBM/TPC/THE KLIQ. COLI BRUHS, YOU MUST UNITE AND FIGHT FOR OUR JUST CAUSE. :to: