Kaldur_welcomed_to_the_Light.png

:ohhh:It all makes sense now

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
I didn't know so many grown people (other than us obviously) watched the show, cause CN is catching hell on twitter. Even more surprisingly is there are alot of pawg sending angry tweets :russ:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea CN is catching hell on twitter! They deserve all this!!! At the very least hopefully all this backlash leads to a season 3 renewal!

But seriously 3 month hiatus just for 2 episodes then another 3 month hiatus??? Like what type of business move is that? And on a Con weekend no less?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They need to catch more hell. Force them to put new episodes on the air.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the very least hopefully all this backlash leads to a season 3 renewal!

Don't count on it. Cartoon Network is very much against airing action shows that aren't backed by successful toylines, and the Young Justice toys flopped HARD. Just be lucky we even got a season two at all.

But, yeah, fukk Cartoon Network for this. I was all excited for a new episode, but when I hit play on the DVR, I get Dragons: Riders of Berk? :why:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup they never renewed Thundercats for a new season, but yeah cartoon network screws over all the shows that aren't their brain child(and those show end up being ass anyway).

This is true, but it's mostly about the toys.

Think about this: Thundercats was cancelled because the toyline flopped. The Young Justice toyline did WORSE.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
This just hit my heart......I cant believe they doing this:damn:.......It just took a break, whats the fukkin point:mindblown:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is true, but it's mostly about the toys.

Think about this: Thundercats was cancelled because the toyline flopped. The Young Justice toyline did WORSE.

true but the ratings should count for something both shows are among their most viewed programming :noah: probably why Generator Rex got cancelled as well.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
true but the ratings should count for something both shows are among their most viewed programming :noah: probably why Generator Rex got cancelled as well.

Exactly. Out of all the shows getting cancelled because of poor ratings THEIR CANCELING THIS CAUSE OF THE DAMN TOYS????:deadrose:

They have to know that the core fanbase of this show is 15 and up. We don't give a damn about toys.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Out of all the shows getting cancelled because of poor ratings THEIR CANCELING THIS CAUSE OF THE DAMN TOYS????:deadrose:

Ratings don't matter as much as toy sales do for boys' action shows, and that's across the board. Shows that don't have very high ratings can stay on the air if their toylines do well, like Power Rangers or Transformers. Shows that do have good ratings can still get canned if the toylines flop, like Young Justice or Thundercats, or are nonexistent, like Sym-Bionic Titan.

I'm surprised The Legend of Korra wasn't immediately axed since it has such a high level of adult appeal and no toy company will make a toyline for an action show with a female lead.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Ratings don't matter as much as toy sales do for boys' action shows, and that's across the board. Shows that don't have very high ratings can stay on the air if their toylines do well, like Power Rangers or Transformers. Shows that do have good ratings can still get canned if the toylines flop, like Young Justice or Thundercats, or are nonexistent, like Sym-Bionic Titan.

I'm surprised The Legend of Korra wasn't immediately axed since it has such a high level of adult appeal and no toy company will make a toyline for an action show with a female lead.

I wonder how the toy business is doing now of days anyway, compared to when I was a child (90's).......I mean it cant be as successful as it use to be do to all the tech things kids have access to .......

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wonder how the toy business is doing now of days anyway, compared to when I was a child (90's).......I mean it cant be as successful as it use to be do to all the tech things kids have access to .......

exactly that's why I don't understand why they put so much stock in toylines anyway. TMNT,Transformers, and Spiderman/Batman/:cape: action figures will always be top sellers so what difference does it make. CN won't be happy until people actually boycott the station and they lose ratings across the board.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's put things into some perspective here: who are the people complaining the loudest? Grown ass adults. Cartoon Network has said outright that they don't give two shyts about us. That's the very reason JLU was cancelled.

I think the only REMOTE chance Young Justice has of getting a renewal is if Adult Swim picks it up like they did for Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats. But that's still unlikely because they have no control over whether the show gets renewed.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Let's put things into some perspective here: who are the people complaining the loudest? Grown ass adults. Cartoon Network has said outright that they don't give two shyts about us. That's the very reason JLU was cancelled.

I think the only REMOTE chance Young Justice has of getting a renewal is if Adult Swim picks it up like they did for Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats. But that's still unlikely because they have no control over whether the show gets renewed.

see this was the one thing i didn't understand and was still hopeful for.

while adult swim shares the same channel as cartoon network, AS is more or less its own separate network. CN has the day slot for their programing, and AS has the evening & late night slot. I've felt for a while now that YJ should've been a part of AS given that it really doesn't mix in well with any of that corny kiddy bullshyt that they air all the time durin the day.

but i just don't get how the production angle fits in with it. Like AS can renew boondocks, black dynamite, super jail, etc etc right? but they can't give the go ahead to renew Thundercats even tho they can be the new distributor for it? that just has me like :why: .

YJ having solid ratings but a crap toy line would make a switch over to AS completely logical, since they're more about viewership since probably none of their shows give 2 shyts to toys