Official WWE 2K20 Thread

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
According to this former SVR writer
There's going to be another separate non-sim game from the 2K one

I was watching one of his videos the other night and basically was saying that WWE should get another developer/publisher to make WWE games he was saying that 2K has the WWE license until 2023 possibly...

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Finally finished setting up my WCW universe after multiple restarts. All the champions were decided in the tournament mode in play now. Simmed all the matches.

WCW World Heavyweight Champion - Goldberg
WCW United States Champion - Lex Luger
WCW Television Champion - Eddie Guerrero
WCW Cruiserweight Champion - La Parka
WCW Tag Team Champions - Harlem Heat

First Nitro Match-card

SHtVxBO.jpg

kFu2ijQ.jpg

gHm2X0t.jpg

VMaf5ZA.jpg

qfsrieu.jpg

2GXx8zm.jpg

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I was watching one of his videos the other night and basically was saying that WWE should get another developer/publisher to make WWE games he was saying that 2K has the WWE license until 2023 possibly...
Another thing to point out is, 2K can now make NFL 2K games now and we'll probably be seeing on next year. In this case, Visual Concepts are going to put more focus on both NBA and NFL 2K games from here on out and WWE 2K ain't going to get much love now.

ill_will82

Daps
Another thing to point out is, 2K can now make NFL 2K games now and we'll probably be seeing on next year. In this case, Visual Concepts are going to put more focus on both NBA and NFL 2K games from here on out and WWE 2K ain't going to get much love now.

Yup. I forgot about 2K finally getting a license to make NFL games now. With the blunder of a game that 2K put out last year w/2K20 they should take a year off. On the other hand 2K trying juggle 3 sports titles a year isn't a good look for WWE games. Between NBA, NFL, & WWE one of these games are going to dip in quality.

The WWE2K franchise hasn't really lived up to the hype since they took over from THQ. Also, when the only good games in the series are 2K16 & 2K19 it's ain't a good look. WWE should find another developer to make it's games.

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2K has the chance to have a good 1-2 punch in the next year or two with the next WWE game and their football game. Football is gonna bring more money so I’m sure more resources will go to that, it’d be in their best interest to not try and nickel and dime these games.

ill_will82

Daps
2K has the chance to have a good 1-2 punch in the next year or two with the next WWE game and their football game. Football is gonna bring more money so I’m sure more resources will go to that, it’d be in their best interest to not try and nickel and dime these games.

2K is gone have to knock it out the park with the next WWE 2K game since this year's game is cancelled and 2K20 shyt the bed last year. Tbh, with 2K having 3 games I can see WWE 2K22 getting the short in of the stick on the priority list. If the next WWE game don't live up to expectations in quality/sales it's probably going to be a wrap.

AStrangeName

Daps
Yup. I forgot about 2K finally getting a license to make NFL games now. With the blunder of a game that 2K put out last year w/2K20 they should take a year off. On the other hand 2K trying juggle 3 sports titles a year isn't a good look for WWE games. Between NBA, NFL, & WWE one of these games are going to dip in quality.

The WWE2K franchise hasn't really lived up to the hype since they took over from THQ. Also, when the only good games in the series are 2K16 & 2K19 it's ain't a good look. WWE should find another developer to make it's games.
While Visual Concepts is trying with the WWE 2K series, they gotta make sure NFL 2K22 is a smash hit since it'll be a non-simulation and if the game succeeded, they can make a simulation NFL game to compete with Madden. They got a whole lot of pressure going on to make sure both games are good, but the priorities are much different now with WWE 2K21 cancelled. 2K now has no choice, but to make another in-house dev team with VC spread thin despite their size.

But, honestly, if I were WWE, I start shopping around for publishers because they got till 2023 when the license expires and I don't see 2K renewing it since they got the NFL license, who knows they might get the MLB and/or NHL as well and we know what it will put WWE in. However, they also got to now compete with AEW upcoming wrestling game, Yuke's unannounced wrestling game and Studio Wildcard unannounced game on top of it. They better get a hold of EA while they got time because I don't see them getting Konami since Yuke's is a free agent, but AEW never confirmed on a publisher so they might want to start looking around right about now.

ill_will82

Daps
While Visual Concepts is trying with the WWE 2K series, they gotta make sure NFL 2K22 is a smash hit since it'll be a non-simulation and if the game succeeded, they can make a simulation NFL game to compete with Madden. They got a whole lot of pressure going on to make sure both games are good, but the priorities are much different now with WWE 2K21 cancelled. 2K now has no choice, but to make another in-house dev team with VC spread thin despite their size.

But, honestly, if I were WWE, I start shopping around for publishers because they got till 2023 when the license expires and I don't see 2K renewing it since they got the NFL license, who knows they might get the MLB and/or NHL as well and we know what it will put WWE in. However, they also got to now compete with AEW upcoming wrestling game, Yuke's unannounced wrestling game and Studio Wildcard unannounced game on top of it. They better get a hold of EA while they got time because I don't see them getting Konami since Yuke's is a free agent, but AEW never confirmed on a publisher so they might want to start looking around right about now.

I would say the most wise choice is to give EA a run but when I think about those WCW games from back in the day :scust:
Then to add those UFC games from EA ain't all that great either. Idk why they dropped Fight Night over UFC. I know they drop a new one every other year but they still ain't that great to me. THQ did a better job with UFC imo than EA has done. They need to bring back Fight Night and improve on Live to compete with 2K.

AStrangeName

Daps
I would say the most wise choice is to give EA a run but when I think about those WCW games from back in the day :scust:
Then to add those UFC games from EA ain't all that great either. Idk why they dropped Fight Night over UFC. I know they drop a new one every other year but they still ain't that great to me. THQ did a better job with UFC imo than EA has done. They need to bring back Fight Night and improve on Live to compete with 2K.
Yeah, those WCW games were :trash: I was a child playing those games and knew they were :trash: playing them :hhh:
EA confirmed NBA Live 21 is coming out this year, so I guess I got something to choose from than just 2K21 :ld:, but the UFC deal was done by UFC themselves since the product doesn't change much every year and they wants the games to be good hence why they come out every two years and it's still not better than the THQ tittles. They might as well bring back Fight Night at this point we went a whole gaming generation without a new one and UFC doesn't scratch that itch like Fight Night do.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
First Thunder Match-card

wIrpUdQ.jpg

La Parka defeated Chavo Guerrero in a good opener.

RLQMtgF.jpg

Steiner Brothers defeated the Faces of Fear with Scott hitting the Steiner Screwdriver on Meng.

NsZekXc.jpg

Hollywood Hogan defeated Randy Savage. After the match Sting came out and beat the shyt out of Hogan and The Disciple :lolbron:.

mmc7qLW.jpg

The Outsiders defeated Harlem Heat to start up their feud and earned a shot at the Tag Team titles.

Only 4 matches with promos from Juventud Guerrera challenging La Parka to start up their fued for the Cruiserweight title and Curt Hennig calling out Lex Luger to start up their U.S title fued.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
2k21 is cancelled and is 2k20 worth the $20? Want something to play but dont want to waste 20 on if if it's that bad
I think the consensus is if you can get 2K19 for cheap, get that. If not, then don't even bother with 2K20. I haven't touched 2K20, but everything about it sounds like a disaster while 2K19 is pretty good, not great, but you should get your money's worth if you find it at a good price.