Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Based on the books scares me. There's not much about the Clan history in those books. And they're definitely gonna TV it up, because look at it this way - the general public is just learning of the Wu's crazy past. They don't speak much about it, except for cryptic lines here and there. Hell, the FBI file has been hinted about for at least a decade, and it just got released. And people will say "well there's no internet" which is irrelevant because we still knew of much industry stories back then. So I doubt they'll say much about the drugs and gun trafficking OH, the alleged murders, the mob ties, their shootouts, industry fights..

Yep I agree shyt at least 2 articles have been written on wu-tang mob ties and gun running rumors.

But I am fine with a candy coated story. shyt white folks hall of fame bands get candy coated stories all the time.

So I am cool with it since most of the time black artist tv/movie stories have to usually go into the gutter on all their demons and personal issues.

In the end I am just happy a very underappreciated group is getting their story told. Especially now a days when folks reflect on 90s rap it usually circles around west coast gangsta rap, biggie/pac and death row records.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Any cliffs on U-Gods book?
U-GOD was the ultimate dope boy!
RZA changed the keys to the Wu Mansion
Meth was dirty as fukk!
Rae had mommy issues.
Rebel INS was always in the house.
Ghost was a lunatic!
Nobody apparently knows shyt about Masta Killah.
ODB was just ODB.
GZA is a scientist

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Based on the books scares me. There's not much about the Clan history in those books. And they're definitely gonna TV it up, because look at it this way - the general public is just learning of the Wu's crazy past. They don't speak much about it, except for cryptic lines here and there. Hell, the FBI file has been hinted about for at least a decade, and it just got released. And people will say "well there's no internet" which is irrelevant because we still knew of much industry stories back then. So I doubt they'll say much about the drugs and gun trafficking OH, the alleged murders, the mob ties, their shootouts, industry fights..
Did you see Black and White with Rae and Oli Power Grant? I like how they balanced the music and the street in that shyt.
It's weird, while I would love for them to show everything. Street shyt, gun running in Ohio shyt, industry beef shyt etc. I still want then to show Wu-Tang as good guys so in a way they do have to sanitize some of their escapades. Hard balance to strike.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Did you see Black and White with Rae and Oli Power Grant? I like how they balanced the music and the street in that shyt.
It's weird, while I would love for them to show everything. Street shyt, gun running in Ohio shyt, industry beef shyt etc. I still want then to show Wu-Tang as good guys so in a way they do have to sanitize some of their escapades. Hard balance to strike.
This was something that was almost like a myth if you grew up in that time in NYC.
Every ghetto kid knew what they was doing.
Cause (and no disrespect to these brothers) but Wu-Tang and Population Clik and GP Wu was like a full flegded gang back in the 90s.
And alotta these muthafukkas was from Ohio and Connecticut.
shyt was crazy.
Like when U-God talked about the guns in his book.
Real shyt...
I had mac-10 when i was 11.
:francis:

Guns was gettin passed around on Southern Boulevard like fruit pies.
shyt was insane!

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was something that was almost like a myth if you grew up in that time in NYC.
Every ghetto kid knew what they was doing.
Cause (and no disrespect to these brothers) but Wu-Tang and Population Clik and GP Wu was like a full flegded gang back in the 90s.
And alotta these muthafukkas was from Ohio and Connecticut.
shyt was crazy.
Like when U-God talked about the guns in his book.
Real shyt...
I had mac-10 when i was 11.
:francis:

Guns was gettin passed around on Southern Boulevard like fruit pies.
shyt was insane!

Not trying to tell you how much weight we carry
It may get every snake in the tri-state buried
Plus, Feds had one add, saying I gun traff'd
I sold twenty million records bytch! some laughed- RZA

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
They could focus every episode on one member and either include CAP or have them come together for the final episode.

Depends where they want to end this shyt and if it's a limited series or potentially more seasons.