Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
LimpAjarFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

Does Kristen Wig look like she can do stunt work :dahell:

i really loved the first one but man she better knock this out of the park

Cheetah is a sexy character

Wig :sitdown:

I don't work in the movie business so there's a good chance I'm wrong about this but isn't that what stunt doubles are for?

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I don't work in the movie business so there's a good chance I'm wrong about this but isn't that what stunt doubles are for?

yeah man but you want actors in these movies that can do as much as they can and not die -Gal like literally an ex solider and cheetah a jobber style villain like the rhino - you get some one that looks cool doing the fighting and stunt's

they might do something different for the movie -but its not like kristen is a phenomenal actress

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wiig will be fine from an acting standpoint. She can play crazy. Would've never chosen her from a visual standpoint, but we'll see how this goes.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don’t get your point.
Obviously, or you wouldn't have made that initial comment.
But it boils down to this, People who aren't very athletic in real life general don't do a good job at selling it on camera even with stunt people CGI and all the tricks.
Have you ever seen a basketball movie or scene in a movie where the characters play basketball and you can just tell they have never played a day in their life?
Yeah they might have a stuntman do the dunks and fancy dribble moves but you can tell by their shooting form in the closeups that they are utter trash.
Thats what happened with Blade, Wesley knows martial arts and thus was able to better sell the fight scenes. Sticky fingaz had all the best stuntmen but he swings like a teenage girl when punching so even with all the stunt actors doing the somersaults the combat looked like trash. Wiig is frail and uncoordinated. They can do all the cinmatic sorcey they want but eventually they are going to have to zoom in and show the actress's face and battle pose.
When they zoom to her looking like this.
DeafeningDisguisedBeaver-max-1mb.gif

People aren't going to be sold that she can kick ass.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Obviously, or you wouldn't have made that initial comment.
But it boils down to this, People who aren't very athletic in real life general don't do a good job at selling it on camera even with stunt people CGI and all the tricks.
Have you ever seen a basketball movie or scene in a movie where the characters play basketball and you can just tell they have never played a day in their life?
Yeah they might have a stuntman do the dunks and fancy dribble moves but you can tell by their shooting form in the closeups that they are utter trash.
Thats what happened with Blade, Wesley knows martial arts and thus was able to better sell the fight scenes. Sticky fingaz had all the best stuntmen but he swings like a teenage girl when punching so even with all the stunt actors doing the somersaults the combat looked like trash. Wiig is frail and uncoordinated. They can do all the cinmatic sorcey they want but eventually they are going to have to zoom in and show the actress's face and battle pose.
When they zoom to her looking like this.
DeafeningDisguisedBeaver-max-1mb.gif

People aren't going to be sold that she can kick ass.
Agree to disagree. People said the same thing about Gal Gadot :yeshrug:

And Sticky Fingaz not doing his own stunts is NOT what made that show so damn shytty :russ:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Meh make cheetah the right hand and have Circe be the real big bad makes sense instead of cheetah splicing her dna or whatever her comic book origin is have Circe curse her.hopefully it’s not set it the Cold War as some rumors have suggested make it present. Branch out on more amazons collabing with the new world n shyt incorporate some myths (still mad the Greek gods died such a dumb thing to do)

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps