Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-millers-justice-league-wouldve-had-wonder-woman-1798661144?IR=T

George Miller’s abandoned Justice League movie is one of the weirdest what-if stories of superhero movies. Details have swirled around for years, but now we’ve got a few more courtesy of actor Jay Baruchel, who would’ve played villain Maxwell Lord in the film, and they’re all about how much ass Wonder Woman would’ve kicked.

Baruchel revealed the info in the latest Happy, Sad, Confused podcast, dishing on Wonder Woman’s starring role in two major action sequences planned for the movie. According to Baruchel, the first time audiences were going to see Diana in the movie—played by Megan Gale—would be watching her beat the stuffing out of an actual goddamn minotaur:

The first time you see Wonder Woman, the opening scene on Themyscira, it was just her. It’s her on top of a steed and she stood about half a kilometer away from a Minotaur. The Minotaur has a battle-ax in his hand and she just rushes him. All the Amazons are there cheering her on, and she just beheads him. Gets off her steed and holds up the Minotaur thing—and doesn’t say a goddamned thing. I was like, “That’s the Wonder Woman I want to see!” It would have been special.

Later on in the film, Baruchel’s Lord would’ve brainwashed Superman (played by D.J. Cotrona), leading to another brawl for Diana. We actually saw some concept of that encounter a while ago, but according to Baruchel, the fight sounds like it would’ve gone less than well in comparison to the minotaur tussle:

I turn him into full red-eye Superman, and then there’s this big-ass fight between him and Wonder Woman, where he breaks her fukking wrists and shyt, and then I die halfway through the movie, and then my consciousness is uploaded into a fukking mainframe and I’m an evil computer.

Oh, and then Maxwell Lord gets turned into an evil robot at some point too, apparently. Man, the more we hear about it, the more this movie sounds like it would have been insane.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Was she moving faster than the flash in the final battle?

Something about the CGI feels cheap in this, Suicide Squad looked better effects wise.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it yesterday.

I enjoyed it. The most enjoyable DC movie since the Nolan Batman series:ehh:

It was like a combination of 1st Captain America and Thor movies:patrice:

It was really like a Marvel Studio movie:pachaha:

Hope DC goes that route instead of the emo movies they've been puttin out:skip:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps