HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
They just need to aim for a 2021 release date. It's going to be colder in November and December and the rona virus cases will be going back up (positive or negative.) I know they're in a tough spot and they want a packed theater but they're going to have to wait until next summer.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just need to aim for a 2021 release date. It's going to be colder in November and December and the rona virus cases will be going back up (positive or negative.) I know they're in a tough spot and they want a packed theater but they're going to have to wait until next summer.
They might as well make that 2022. What they need to do is take their L and just put all these movies on streaming services. Cinema is dead for the forseeable future (and might never recover).

Conz

Superstar
Daps
gotta imagine theater chains are gonna do the "club" thing again next year. Moviepass was a dud, but if they do a $30ish dollar a month club, i bet they get a ton of sign-ups. there's gonna be a big movie every week in 2021

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
VOD sucks :scust: ..... I'll wait until theaters fukk a VOD stream ...
The point is, that there won't be a return to the old normal anytime soon. Tenet made 20 million at the box office. The concept of the huge blockbuster is dead. That's a huge problem for studios, because that was the concept they relied on to survive, ever since rampant online piracy and later streaming became threats to their business model. If they are trying to wait out this pandemic to release these movies, they will go bancrupt. Limited cinematic releases and parallel VOD at affordable prices are they way to go.

By the way, with digital projectors in cinemas, you're basically already watching VOD. Tzey literally download these movies from the studios on to the projectors harddrive. The only difference is the size of the screen.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Don't think this has to completely with covid. Think it's because they want to give Tenet more time.

It's the only big new release so far..

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm already sick of this trailer and we have at least 3 more months of it