Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Neither the league nor the players were ready for the spotlight, contrary to everything they been saying for years.

If they want the money and the fame then you gotta be able to handle what comes with it.
Naw, it’s racist punks, plain and simple. I’m in Chicago and every single time I see one of our local news pages post ANYTHING about the Sky or Angel, you see a bunch of “laugh” reactions and people talking shyt about Angel. It’s unwarranted. They receive more hate than any other Chicago team.

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
Naw, it’s racist punks, plain and simple. I’m in Chicago and every single time I see one of our local news pages post ANYTHING about the Sky or Angel, you see a bunch of “laugh” reactions and people talking shyt about Angel. It’s unwarranted. They receive more hate than any other Chicago team.
It's even worse when you see brehs chippin in with the :mjpls:narratives & agendas in those spaces. Basketball discussion & criticisms are fine but alot of times it goes past that in those sections with code language.

Daps

He’s right though, this will come will growth, nothing you can do about social media comments. And every other Chicago team is legendary status. So much of the hate and shyt talking you see online is nothing but engagement bait, if you go to them peoples profiles you wont see nothing about sports or anything showing they’re fans of the game, they write the most ridiculous and hateful shyt because they know people will engage with them the most. I see it all day on Twitter and threads.

Last edited:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
He’s right though, this will come will growth, nothing you can do about social media comments. And every other Chicago is legendary status. So much of the hate and shyt talking you see online is nothing but engagement bait, if you go to them peoples profiles you wont see nothing about sports or anything showing they’re fans of the game, they write the most ridiculous and hateful shyt because they know people will engage with them the most. I see it all day on Twitter and threads.
I’m speaking more so about Facebook. Of course you have those who still hate Angel because of the hand wave, but when Chennedy Carter fouled Caitlin and it made national news, that really caused those people to go full force with the hate. Then a couple weeks later, Angel gets a flagrant foul on Caitlin going for a block, these people act like they committed a crime.

The hate wasn’t very loud though when the Sky were playing pretty well and Angel had that good game against the Fever. Also when she made the All Star team and played well in that game. Then after the AS break with the Sky losing a bunch of games, people started laughing at them and celebrating that the Fever was playing better and Caitlin took her game up a notch.

Winning will silence the haters though.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

And NBA and NFL players don't get that?

Bruh the Lions head coach just moved because he said Lions "fans" were showing up to his house and acting a fool when the Lions lost.

It comes with the territory.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what comes with the fame and money. You either ready for it or you aren't, and they aren't.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
And NBA and NFL players don't get that?

Bruh the Lions head coach just moved because he said Lions "fans" were showing up to his house and acting a fool when the Lions lost.

It comes with the territory.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what comes with the fame and money. You either ready for it or you aren't, and they aren't.
Not so much from local fans. Bears lost and Caleb didn’t play well and yeah, you see some of that. However, even when the Sky won a game or it was a positive story, there was extra vitriol.

To be fair, maybe the people leaving those comments on Facebook aren’t all local, but why are they following our local news in the first place?

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
The hate wasn’t very loud though when the Sky were playing pretty well and Angel had that good game against the Fever. Also when she made the All Star team and played well in that game.
Some were trying to join forces and prop AR up after the all star game to go against the Olympic selection committee for "snubbing" CC :pachaha: it was a nasty play :russ: