• Total voters

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The NBA on CBS was already popular before Jordan. The Celtics/Lakers rivalry carried the NBA thru the 80s before Jordan ever sniffed a finals appearance. It was all laid out for the Bulls when the bigger station, NBC at the time, got the rights for the 90-91 season. Don't come up here talking this nonsense that no one was watching the NBA before 1991 :russ: .ESPN has fooled all of you into thinking no one watched any NBA before the bulls won their first title and that's just not true. Fuking Isiah Thomas had a highly rated Disney television family movie before the Bulls won a title and even that was on NBC while the NBA was still on CBS.

And I must be stupid, but I'm still trying to figure out how are a group of people that are saying they are NOT watching anymore WNBA until next season, responsible for a sellout stadium? You honestly don't think that's logical to ask?

:russ: CLARK STANS HAVE LITERALLY
BEEN BRAGGING ABOUT THE RATINGS
FOR NON CLARK GAMES BEING LOW...

NOW THEYRE TRYING TO TURN AROUND
AND TAKE CREDIT FOR NON CLARK GAME RATINGS.

YOU CANT MAKE THIS shyt UP.

MORE BLACK WOMEN ARE
WATCHING THE WNBA NOW
MORE THAN EVER BEFORE
AND ITS NOT BECAUSE OF CLARK.

:devil:
:evil:

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The NBA on CBS was already popular before Jordan. The Celtics/Lakers rivalry carried the NBA thru the 80s before Jordan ever sniffed a finals appearance. It was all laid out for the Bulls when the bigger station, NBC at the time, got the rights for the 90-91 season. Don't come up here talking this nonsense that no one was watching the NBA before 1991 :russ: .ESPN has fooled all of you into thinking no one watched any NBA before the bulls won their first title and that's just not true. Fuking Isiah Thomas had a highly rated Disney television family movie before the Bulls won a title and even that was on NBC while the NBA was still on CBS.

And I must be stupid, but I'm still trying to figure out how are a group of people that are saying they are NOT watching anymore WNBA until next season, responsible for a sellout stadium? You honestly don't think that's logical to ask?
It’s not logical to ask. No bruh :mjtf:

But if you are asking legitimately

This “Clark fan” shyt is cure for Coli & Shaderoom and X but in real life the game is the same it’s always been for 50 years

This player is extremely popular. Like over the top, insanely famous and people put their money and attendance where this player goes.

This calls for more media coverage about the sport, more interviews, more debate, more trends etc.

This doesn’t work as well in individual sports as it does team but once in awhile (casuals would know who Jordan Chiles is or “care” about her if not Biles)

But for teams you have to watch the team. And when you go to a game, esp family friendly like WNBA, you’re going to go to more games and watch more games because there are other players/better players/exciting games

I came for CC and I stayed for A’ja/Napheesa/Chennedy etc because they excite me. Last year it was background noise on my TV

A rising tide lifts all ships because not everyone is going to obsess over the star who brings the eyes but curious will watch. And many will stay if the product is good.

They have a good product they’ve had for awhile. But no eyes and boring atmosphere and nothing to “debate”.

It’s simple it’s not rocket science bro. Nothing has changed in 2024, there is no better marketing, no mandate to attend games, no other change in anything but the most famous women hooper of recent times joined the league.

There’s literally nothing to hate on, this is sports and we are not underrepresented here. Kind of like rap and Eminem lol - nothing to cry over but we Black we have brains we don’t gotta play dumb to support our people. Real talk

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Phee and Breanna proving to be draws on their own with these finals ratings was a great launching pad for this league.

Between them, Angel(who is the second biggest draw in the league), and a network fully invested in them I can see this getting major promotion and buzz by the time it rolls around leading to good ratings. Obviously CC being involved would have made it even bigger but this is a great opportunity to show that the game is being grown beyond just one player. Also a great way for fans to enjoy basketball without the toxic narratives attached that come with the audience that follows her.

Also shows that if you REALLY invest into womens basketball and give it the right platform, the opportunity for real success is there. It was never a player issue as much as it was an incompetent garbage management issue. The WNBA has been getting sabotaged since the mid 2000s and their new TV deal severely undervalues them and the trajectory women's basketball is on. Hopefully this league lights a fire under their ass to get their shyt together before they sneakily change the format to 5 on 5 and become a competitor. :troll:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
It’s not logical to ask. No bruh :mjtf:

But if you are asking legitimately

This “Clark fan” shyt is cure for Coli & Shaderoom and X but in real life the game is the same it’s always been for 50 years

This player is extremely popular. Like over the top, insanely famous and people put their money and attendance where this player goes.

This calls for more media coverage about the sport, more interviews, more debate, more trends etc.

This doesn’t work as well in individual sports as it does team but once in awhile (casuals would know who Jordan Chiles is or “care” about her if not Biles)

But for teams you have to watch the team. And when you go to a game, esp family friendly like WNBA, you’re going to go to more games and watch more games because there are other players/better players/exciting games

I came for CC and I stayed for A’ja/Napheesa/Chennedy etc because they excite me. Last year it was background noise on my TV

A rising tide lifts all ships because not everyone is going to obsess over the star who brings the eyes but curious will watch. And many will stay if the product is good.

They have a good product they’ve had for awhile. But no eyes and boring atmosphere and nothing to “debate”.

It’s simple it’s not rocket science bro. Nothing has changed in 2024, there is no better marketing, no mandate to attend games, no other change in anything but the most famous women hooper of recent times joined the league.

There’s literally nothing to hate on, this is sports and we are not underrepresented here. Kind of like rap and Eminem lol - nothing to cry over but we Black we have brains we don’t gotta play dumb to support our people. Real talk
I'm not saying Clark's popularity hasn't brought eyes to the FEVER games, but her fanbase has been bragging about not watching and attending the playoffs after she was eliminated, NOW these same people are saying everyone is watching a finals due to Clark. That's not playing dumb, it just doesn't make sense. I'm not buying the "I came for clark and stayed for ______".... That's bullshyt at the highest degree especially considering 100% of her fanbase have stated they won't be watching anymore postseason basketball. Now had they not been on social media making those statements, I would agree with you, but you can't have it both ways.

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying Clark's popularity hasn't brought eyes to the FEVER games, but her fanbase has been bragging about not watching and attending the playoffs after she was eliminated, NOW these same people are saying everyone is watching a finals due to Clark. That's not playing dumb, it just doesn't make sense. I'm not buying the "I came for clark and stayed for ______".... That's bullshyt at the highest degree especially considering 100% of her fanbase have stated they won't be watching anymore postseason basketball. Now had they not been on social media making those statements, I would agree with you, but you can't have it both ways.
You’re not making sense my guy

It is both ways lmao

Like these women have been in the league for 3-7 years.

There’s been no new marketing or anything.

The biggest story in WNBA over past 10 years has not been Aces it’s been Griner in prison.

You keep saying I’m wrong but it’s like your purposely not stating any reason why ALL OF A SUDDEN games are packed and people care

The fukking Aces played Liberty last year a way better fandom matchup did any one here post or care??

Why are you so bent on not saying Caitlin’s light brought that? That doesn’t make you a fan

And stop with the Twitter shyt. 10% of Twitter users make 90+ % of tweets. That shyt isn’t metric bruh attendance and viewership etc is.

The most trending athlete with the highest endorsements who has been the only common denominator in the highest attendant and viewed basketball games over the past 3 years in college and pro sports hoops and she’s a rookie in a league and the league is breaking records NOW and it’s NOT HER :why:

You do know it’s literally not her will like she’s God it’s her fame. we can’t control who is famous bruh this isn’t a slight it’s just reality lmao

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Who's winning tonight? Got a boost to use

Haven't been particularly impressed with the Lynx, even their win was very "Liberty just lost harder than we did"

Carleton still can't shoot like she did in the regular season, McBride is passive, and Phee is passive as fukk as well

Even though the Liberty aren't running the ball through Jonquel who has been their best player, they're at least getting the Stewie/Sabrina the ball and having them make plays