Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
WNBA been around for 20+ years, now all of a sudden people supposed to hand this Clark chick everything. Nah, I'm quite sure of those chicks are WAITING to buss her ass. Especially the sistas.

Notice I said challenged. It doesn’t work if she doesn’t grind to get it. It’s the Hero’s Journey. But you should be rooting for this cac to be the truth at the end of the day.

shyt I laughed when Kobe shot 3 airballs to lose a playoff game but that was part of his character development.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don’t know shyt about the Fever but what you said here isn’t true

Every class since Clark got there. Zero 5 stars and none ranked in the top 25

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...and there are fools like Arenas arguing for the women's game to have early entrants, nowhere near enough spots right now

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Because she’s an entertaining player wtf?

All she does is chuck threes. Competition in the WNBA is different than college.

I don't know why people don't understand this. Trey Young, Steph Curry and every other 3 point chucker had to adapt to their new them and coach. Nobody redesigned everything to cater to one player. If she's that nice, she can adapt. If all she can do is play one way, it's not going to go like people think it will.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
its wild how you always outdo yourself with garbage threads, taking this roadshow to womens basketball now :mjlol:

But you don't find it fascinating that everyone is rooting against an entire league just to prop up one player. People are saying she's about to "save" an entire sports league, while at the same time disregarding everything the league has done up to this point and treat every single player in the league like they're high school freshman.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Notice I said challenged. It doesn’t work if she doesn’t grind to get it. It’s the Hero’s Journey. But you should be rooting for this cac to be the truth at the end of the day.

shyt I laughed when Kobe shot 3 airballs to lose a playoff game but that was part of his character development.
Fck Clark...

You should be rooting for A'ja Wilson. Won on the collegiate & professional level. Multiple MVP winner, and got her own statue at her alma mater

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I think she should play more like curry, initiate the offense as a PG at point of attack but after that turn into a shooting guard running off screens if the defense is set

I just don't know if Indiana personnel is set up for it but if they are, I think thats the way to go

You are right, and she is relatively bigger than Curry too.

The problem is the team don’t have the personal the same way Goleen State didn’t have it for Steph.

If she has a rookie season like Wemby (Rookie sensation with big stats, on a losing team), it would still be a success for the Indiana Fever regardless IMO

Braman

Superstar
Daps
OP your synopsis doesn’t match the video.

The cosch is speaking facts. You can get any shot you want , just make it quick. That’s universal hoop rules. If you’re our best player we have no problem with your shooting it. But when you hold the ball and dance with it you are making people stand and watch.

Gotta be honest about it. She means way more to this league than anyone else on her team, including the coach, and including management., and I’ve gotta assume that she knows this. It is what it is. They need to fall in line.

Not how the game works. At ALL

This the gift and curse of gaining fans. You gain a lot of casuals :whoa: the game is NEVER supposed to be about entertainment first.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No. High volume/low efficiency shooter propped up by a system at the college level. Everyone who pointed out her game wouldn't translate to the professionals was called a hater.

57% eFG
61% TS%

That's not "low efficiency" at all for a guard, especially considering her volume.

By comparison, the #2 scorer in the country, JuJu Watkins, shot just 45% eFG and 51% TS%.
The #3 scorer in the county was 48/52.
The #4 scorer in the country was 47/50.
The #5 scorer in the country was a 6'6" center....still couldn't match Clark's efficiency with just 56/59.
#6 was 49/54
#7 was 56/61....that's the closest to Clark, and that's averaging 10ppg less than Clark did while playing for a mid-major.
#8 was 49/53
#9 was 51/59
#10 was 52/57

So compared to other high-volume scorers, especially guards, Clark was extremely efficient last year. She was literally the most efficient scorer in the top 10 despite also shooting by far the highest volume.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
57% eFG
61% TS%

That's not "low efficiency" at all for a guard, especially considering her volume.

By comparison, the #2 scorer in the country, JuJu Watkins, shot just 45% eFG and 51% TS%.
The #3 scorer in the county was 48/52.
The #4 scorer in the country was 47/50.
The #5 scorer in the country was a 6'6" center....still couldn't match Clark's efficiency with just 56/59.
#6 was 49/54
#7 was 56/61....that's the closest to Clark, and that's averaging 10ppg less than Clark did while playing for a mid-major.
#8 was 49/53
#9 was 51/59
#10 was 52/57

So compared to other high-volume scorers, especially guards, Clark was extremely efficient last year.

They play 2 different positions and 2 completely different styles. Ju Ju shot because she had to most of the time.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They play 2 different positions and 2 completely different styles. Ju Ju shot because she had to most of the time.

What does that have to do with the fact that 57% eFG and 61% TS is definitely not "low efficiency" for a high-volume guard?

Kobe was 48% eFG and 55% TS for his career.

All she does is chuck threes. Competition in the WNBA is different than college.

I don't know why people don't understand this. Trey Young, Steph Curry and every other 3 point chucker had to adapt to their new them and coach. Nobody redesigned everything to cater to one player.

Steph actually became great when he started shooting more threes, not less. He won the unanimous MVP by shooting more threes/game than he had in any college season, and he's gone on to surpass that # in his last five full seasons.