Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
sabrina has the weirdest dribble its like she just dribbles harder on one side with a bit of stutter step. Havent seen a lot of that but it feels weird everytime i see it. Reminds of this one dude at the rec it was kinda effective but all it was was speed changes.

Daps
Soon as angel hit the bench sky lost the lead...

Kamilla need to get her defense up and become a bit more mobile
liberty basically saved their starters for the 4th and went all in on mismatches. Part of the reason they caught up was because jones was in foul trouble but she locked both of them up at the rim.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Magic and Bird combined for just 15 points in their 2nd meeting. And if you think it was because they were passing.....they also combined for just 3 assists, but 6 turnovers.

Clark/Reese aren't "Magic/Bird" though. Reese was just a #7 draft pick, she's popular but no one thinks she's ready to star out the gate as a rookie like a 23-year-old Bird was, she's more of a less athletic Dwight Howard with better free throw form. And Clark is a small guard thrown onto a shyt team (more like, say, Trae Young), not an unprecedented large body for a PG on a title contender loaded with the MVP, All-Stars, and future HOFers.
No one is saying they could be Magic/Bird based on their games or the team success. It’s strictly because of the racial element that stemmed from their National Title game, and using that as a spark plug to gain viewership in the pros.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I was hoping the last Clark season would translate for the W but I didn't expect this at all. I thought people would have moved on by now
Tried to tell nikkas

The narrative that she was just another flash in the pan college star that wouldn't be followed to the professional level wasn't true, especially since she was generating numbers never before seen

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Damn this is a good breakdown of what's wrong with the Fever. And damn Boston does set sum shytty picks lol

And like the vid says, the offense has been 13pts better when Temi Fagbenle shares the floor with CC as opposed to Boston becuz she's a much better screen and roller than Boston is

CC has some work to do as well obviously. She needs a mid-range game, a floater and to stop sum bad habits but she's still head and shoulders above everyone else on the team

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Damn this is a good breakdown of what's wrong with the Fever. And damn Boston does set sum shytty picks lol

And like the vid says, the offense has been 13pts better when Temi Fagbenle shares the floor with CC as opposed to Boston becuz she's a much better screen and roller than Boston is

Great video, and it really helps to highlight why Clark has so many turnovers.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Great video, and it really helps to highlight why Clark has so many turnovers.
I can't get over 9:12 in the vid. Instead of cutting towards the basket which should be common sense ol girl just stands there like she don't know what to do

And yea it clearly shows that a lot of CC's turnovers are becuz her teammates are confused and not used to her style of play

They need a read & react offense

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I can't get over 9:12 in the vid. Instead of cutting towards the basket which should be common sense ol girl just stands there like she don't know what to do

And yea yea it clearly shows that most of CC's turnovers are becuz her teammates are confused and not used to her style of play

They need a read & react offense
Yep. Clark also needs to get a middie and a floater, but she's quite obviously one of the better players in the league already.