Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

Reese still with a slight lead over Clark. Can she hold her off?
I was hoping for Angel to win it, but I don't see it. I think it's Caitlin's ROY to lose at the moment. Angel would have to play miraculously and the Sky would need to pass the Fever in the standings somehow. Angel is on pace to set the record for rebounds in a season, but her scoring and FG% has taken a step back since she win Rookie of the Month. Meanwhile, Caitlin has been playing better and her team is winning.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.

WHEN YOU LOSE
3 STRAIGHT FINAL POSSESSION GAMES
THATS COACHING.

IF THEY WERE GETTING
BLOWN OUT IT WOULD
BE A DIFFERENT STORY
:devil:
:evil:

Last 3 games they lost by a combined 8 points. They’re better than they seem, they just don’t close out games and keep leads. In spite of their semi-trash roster, they’re a 6th seed team in reality.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Last 3 games they lost by a combined 8 points. They’re better than they seem, they just don’t close out games and keep leads. In spite of their semi-trash roster, they’re a 6th seed team in reality.
I agree tbh spoon makes some mistakes but mostly she does the best she can. For them to even be in the hunt is wild

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
I agree tbh spoon makes some mistakes but mostly she does the best she can. For them to even be in the hunt is wild
Yesterday I was mad LOL, then I did some research and realized they’re not as bad as they seem. They lost 7 games this season by a a combined 13 points, very winnable games that came down to the last possession or 2. So their 11-19 record could’ve easily been a 19-11 record if they had more experience. I expect big things next season.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Yesterday I was mad LOL, then I did some research and realized they’re not as bad as they seem. They lost 7 games this season by a a combined 13 points, very winnable games that came down to the last possession or 2. So their 11-19 record could’ve easily been a 19-11 record if they had more experience. I expect big things next season.
Yup I agree and cutting the dead weight will help as well

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I’m sorry, but the announcement of Angel’s new podcast (where she mentions all the celebrities she’ll be talking to) while the team is losing like this is bad optics. I’m not saying it’s true, but it makes it SEEM like her focus isn’t on basketball.
the team isnt worth a damn this year. the optics dont matter. she cant fix her shot right now and the ROTY talk has solidified around CC. might as well have some fun before an intense off-season of improvement.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THAT ALL COMES
DOWN TO A LACK OF OFFENSIVE SETS.

THAT PICK UP BALL STYLE OFFENSE
WORKS UNTIL CRUNCH TIME
BUT WHEN THEY NEED A BUCKET
LATE THEY DRIBBLE THE CLOCK OUT
OR TURN THE BALL OVER.

IRONICALLY MABREY WAS THE ONLY ONE
SHE HAD A CONSISTENT SET FOR WHICH
WAS THE DOWN SCREEN FOR A 3

EVERY OTHER TEAM
HAS PLAYS AND VARIATIONS THAT
THEY RUN OVER AND OVER ALL GAME.

WE JUST TRY SOME RANDOM shyt
EVERY POSSESSION.

CARDO COULD SCORE 2 BUCKETS
THEN NEVER SEE THE BALL AGAIN
FOR THE NEXT 2 QUARTERS.

ANGEL BACK TO THROWING UP
SHOTS IN TRAFFIC EVERYTIME SHE TOUCHES
THE BALL BECAUSE IT SEEMS
EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM
DOES ASWELL.

WE COMPETE DUE TO DEFENSE
AND CONTROLLING THE GLASS
WHICH IS ALL ANGEL AND CAMILA

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Look at the comments below hers, CC has brought along the weirdo incel fans to the WNBA. Clark not the first white female player that was a star coming out of college, but she is the first one that has people with a certain agenda rallying behind her. Like under that tweet it's someone photoshopping the head of Clark on the police officer who killed Geroge Floyd and Dijona head is photoshopped on George Floyd with her knee on her neck.....

True.

Elena Delle Donne the real OG and people forget how fukking dominant she was in college

Damn near 50/50/90 splits

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
the team isnt worth a damn this year. the optics dont matter. she cant fix her shot right now and the ROTY talk has solidified around CC. might as well have some fun before an intense off-season of improvement.
They’re not right now, but prior to the All Star break, they had only lost 4 games by double digits (no more than 13pts) and were only 4 games under .500 (10-14). Since the break, they’re 1-5 and two of those losses were by 20pts. They’re 11-19 and in danger of missing the playoffs.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They’re not right now, but prior to the All Star break, they had only lost 4 games by double digits (no more than 13pts) and were only 4 games under .500 (10-14). Since the break, they’re 1-5 and two of those losses were by 20pts. They’re 11-19 and in danger of missing the playoffs.

ZERO CONTEXT...

BOTH OF THOSE DBL DIGIT LOSSES
CAME AGAINST THE SAME TEAM.

PHX IS A NIGHTMARE MATCHUP
FOR THEM.

BEST PAINT DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE
AND WE DO ALL OF OUR SCORING
IN THE PAINT.

THE OTHER 3
LOSSES AGAINST THE 2 SEED
AND WORLDS CHAMPS
CAME DOWN TO
THE FINAL POSSESSION...
WE BEAT DC EASILY
IF CARTER PLAYED...

ADD THE FACT
WE HAD 3 DBL DIGIT LOSSES
IN OUR LAST 5 GMS BEFORE THE BREAK.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

ZERO CONTEXT...

BOTH OF THOSE DBL DIGIT LOSSES
CAME AGAINST THE SAME TEAM.

PHX IS A NIGHTMARE MATCHUP
FOR THEM.

BEST PAINT DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE
AND WE DO ALL OF OUR SCORING
IN THE PAINT.

THE OTHER 3
LOSSES AGAINST THE 2 SEED
AND WORLDS CHAMPS
CAME DOWN TO
THE FINAL POSSESSION...
WE BEAT DC EASILY
IF CARTER PLAYED...

ADD THE FACT
WE HAD 3 DBL DIGIT LOSSES
IN OUR LAST 5 GMS BEFORE THE BREAK.

I wouldn’t say we beat them easily, even with Carter. We have one of the worst offenses (if not the worst) in the entire league, which makes even winnable games a struggle. Washington played us tough every game this season.