Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while I agree with Carrington,

Nationally, every network was DNC and ESPN still had the LLWS. Unless they were gonna start that game at 9, the only way that game was gonna get any national coverage was either on Ion or CBSSN (cuz let's be real, ESPN2 wasn't taking off fantasy football coverage for that game unless CC was in it)
at the very least it could have been on NBATV over the Liberty vs Wings

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Carrington's point was they knew for over a year. It's up to the WNBA to figure it out. Their leadership is severely lacking
the stuff I mentioned was also known for over a year. Basically the WNBA shoulda saved that game for a weekend. What I'll give the WNBA is that they haven't cared for this stuff normally because it didn't matter. They were gonna get ignored anyway, so do whatever. Now that they've gotten bigger, they're tryna see where they fit.

Next summer will be a very interesting landscape for summer sports. No Olympics, now they can really game plan their schedule to factor into timeslots that otherwise weren't given to them. Now that end of July-mid August window they can go even further and hammer out the National schedule and get that right before the move to NBC.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
the stuff I mentioned was also known for over a year. Basically the WNBA shoulda saved that game for a weekend. What I'll give the WNBA is that they haven't cared for this stuff normally because it didn't matter. They were gonna get ignored anyway, so do whatever. Now that they've gotten bigger, they're tryna see where they fit.

Next summer will be a very interesting landscape for summer sports. No Olympics, now they can really game plan their schedule to factor into timeslots that otherwise weren't given to them. Now that end of July-mid August window they can go even further and hammer out the National schedule and get that right before the move to NBC.

We are coli posters and we understood that coming into this season there were going to be a lot of new eyeballs on the league so that's why I'm not really giving them a pass, it seems like they didn't have much of a plan to promote the league like a top echelon sport and their scheduling has been laughable, putting all these games on at the same time, having days where there aren't games, having weekends where the whole afternoon is wide open etc..

I'll be interested to see what they do for next year

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
We are coli posters and we understood that coming into this season there were going to be a lot of new eyeballs on the league so that's why I'm not really giving them a pass, it seems like they didn't have much of a plan to promote the league like a top echelon sport and their scheduling has been laughable, putting all these games on at the same time, having days where there aren't games, having weekends where the whole afternoon is wide open etc..

They seem downright incompetent if we keeping it a buck. Despite how much they were pleading for it, they were not ready for the spotlight.

The moment they released the schedule and I saw Indiana was playing the top teams in the league repeatedly over the first 10 games I said “Oh, upper leadership really don’t know what they are doing over there”.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

your deal is still your deal though. No matter how many new eyeballs they got, they were still gonna run into the same obstacles from the networks they have deals with. All the stuff they have they can negotiate and change (because it should) but a game like last night's in a different year probably gets scheduled at the beginning of the month which they didn't have because of the break. A lot of the early games they shoehorned just for the sake of CC and it led to them playing 11 games in 18 days or some wild number like that.

Next season (and especially once they move to NBC), they can pace out the big matchups, not try to schedule tripleheaders on Friday nights, highlight those camp days and figure out when stuff like LLWS, fantasy football, NFL, etc. is happening so they can better work around it. Their next media deal will be more favorable so it'll be treated like a higher priority than content simply to fill time.

One day of every weekend should be treated like how we treat college basketball. By 2026 we'll have 14 teams. That means we should have at least 4-5 games happen on said day standing alone.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
After last night I can officially say rickea has some potential but is a step behind angel and Clark by a decent margin. You can definitely tell she’s a rookie, not bad but not really ready to take over in stretches or even be the 2nd option just yet.

Sparks should get a top 3 pick again.

Boy if they get that first pick. Paige, Rickea and Brink gonna be must watch for me

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Mercury play tonight. It’s PAWG season :wow:
200w.gif