Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Social media followers are a bit misleading, so I wouldn’t always use that to gauge popularity.
It can definitely be used as a gauge for popularity. Does it mean all those people will attend games? No. Most of Angel’s fans are black, and black people don’t make up the majority of the country or consumers. Also, black people BEEN supporting the WNBA, so all the new “fans” are a bunch of white people who see Caitlin as this great white hope. Angel’s popularity is more sustainable whereas if Caitlin ends up becoming a bust and not living up to the hype, her popularity will dwindle.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It can definitely be used as a gauge for popularity. Does it mean all those people will attend games? No. Most of Angel’s fans are black, and black people don’t make up the majority of the country or consumers. Also, black people BEEN supporting the WNBA, so all the new “fans” are a bunch of white people who see Caitlin as this great white hope. Angel’s popularity is more sustainable whereas if Caitlin ends up becoming a bust and not living up to the hype, her popularity will dwindle.
The WNBA needs those social media followers to become actual consumers of the product and buying merchandise. Just talking about it on social media doesn’t mean shyt on the grand scheme of things as we see people with lots of social media followers flop when they actually try and put something out.

That’s what I mean.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
The WNBA needs those social media followers to become actual consumers of the product and buying merchandise. Just talking about it on social media doesn’t mean shyt on the grand scheme of things as we see people with lots of social media followers flop when they actually try and put something out.

That’s what I mean.
People want to support Angel, but they don’t even know where to watch the games. I’m in Chicago, and one of her games was on some channel called Marquee (which I’ve never heard of before). Fortunately I happened to have that channel. A lot of people don’t though. I’m just saying they’re not capitalizing on her popularity by not giving her the mainstream exposure. They haven’t mentioned any of her games once on these shows like First Take.

calh45

Cal
Daps

I like her. It was fukked up how they tried to make her a villain because LSU won, but she clearly cares about the sport.

Is Silver the commissioner of the WNBA too? They're missing on some pretty large cross promotional stuff with this class of rookies and the NBA playoffs being capable of amplifying them. Caitlyn and Angel should be front row at the Pacer and/or Celtics games just like Cameron Brink should find some sort of way to be at the Wolves and Mavs games. Right now they might be more famous than most of the NBA players playing in the playoffs.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I think Clark gets her first win tonight and has a big game. The Storm is azz and I got money on Clark doing good tonight.