Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Also Skype is built in, and its always on without killing your battery

Skype for Windows Phone 8 has arrived! - YouTube

And with MS voice service TellMe 3rd party devs can use it, think suri except other apps can take advantage of it, for example you would say groupon show me my groupons.

With tellme and being able to pin not only the apps, but deeplink parts in a app to your start screen it makes for a better experience, the only thing holding wp8 back is people buying it. More people buy the more the devs put into apps

And if you dont know what deeplinking is...for example when I was looking for tickets to costa rica I used the sky scanner apper to search for flights. I found the flight that was cheapest, and pinned it to my start screen, I look and my phone a couple days later and it has a red arrow indicating that the price has increased. If youve used win 8 you know what im talking about...also im not sure if deeplinking is the actual name :manny:

Windows Phone makes your phone infinitely more useful. Downloadable maps via Nokia Drive is a godsend. Especially if you travel overseas.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Windows Phone makes your phone infinitely more useful. Downloadable maps via Nokia Drive is a godsend. Especially if you travel overseas.

I know I wish I had it last summer, also the bing translator lets you download language packs for off line usage, with the combination of Nokia drive and the bing translator you should be good if u get lost or need help talking with the locals with having to worry about finding a wifi spot

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant decide...I want the Lumia 920, but the 8x from HTC and Samsung's Ativ S look nice as well, and probly wont cost as much lol...the Samsung phone seems too big tho, idk

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Bah. Windows phone 8 Does not have one feature that Android doesn't already have. :russ:

It does but they are little and not worth mentioning, but WP imo is just a better overall experience and the phones are just as fast two years after you've bought it as it was the day it was purchased.

So no, WP8 isnt something your gonna get to go tell your friends look what this can do and oh your phone sucks because it doesn't have this, but for me the wp8 OS is just more of a personal phone and a joy to use (yes I know you can change up android until you are blue in the face, but its different type of personal, that u can really understand until youve used the phone for a week)

Ive had and iphone3gs that I gave to my mom, and I had an epic 4g That I gave to my niece, Ive spent a good amount to time on each OS, and to me WP is the best, I can't speak on the new android with the new hardware because I havent used it in a year, but what I do know is that WP ran faster without lag on a 1ghz chip and my epic 4g which is a galaxy phone would freeze and restart, for no reason I didnt even use apps on it, and once I started to use draw something it would crash randomly...im guessing with new hardware Android can run smooth now, but in the same since i'd think that wp8 running a 1.5 dual core would be perfect

If u need the latest app to feel apart of the crowd then wp8 isnt for you at least not now, we dont have instagram yet, if you need your phone to boost your "swag" or social status then wp isnt for you because the cool kids arent using it, heck even if those arent you, you just might still not like the OS, but to me WP is the best....people dont like different, im good with that ill be enjoying the goodness while you enjoy your OS of choice, but i do think more people would switch if they used the phone and understood how it worked

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I cant decide...I want the Lumia 920, but the 8x from HTC and Samsung's Ativ S look nice as well, and probly wont cost as much lol...the Samsung phone seems too big tho, idk

Its not set in stone, but bestbuy had the 920 up on their site for preorder for $150 but they took it off, Im getting the 8x, but I do wish that it have the camera of the 920

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
that whole live tile shyt is wack as fukk. its like looking at scrolling news on the bottom of a news channel. i rather launch the whole app. and it seem like you cant even have a custom background. :snoop:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
that whole live tile shyt is wack as fukk. its like looking at scrolling news on the bottom of a news channel. i rather launch the whole app. and it seem like you cant even have a custom background. :snoop:

:what:

Customs backgrounds would be a dumb idea, namely because the LIVE tiles would overtake the entire screen. You would have no desire to stare at some static background image, when your live tiles are constantly changing and updating their displays, showing current and new information.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I'd rather have my shipping app display where my package is without needing to always open the app up. also, nothing is stopping you from opening the app too.

The purpose of a live tile is so you dont have to launch an app all the time, you only pin apps that are important to you on your start screen. and you can get info thats important without having to jump from app to app, and there is still an app list

:snoop: I guess WP8 isnt for basic nikkas, you dont get a background, but ur photo hub does display your pics(u can choose what is showed) as a slideshow on your start screen.

These pics may look wack to some, but its totally different, when its your me tile up there and your people & photo hubs, plus if you have xbox live, having your Avatar pop up there also....here is a screen shot of my homescreen but this is wp7 wp8 layout is a bit different in what u can you
ScreenCapture-1.jpg

like i said this might look wack, but its much better when its your stuff

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so people are really bashing the Lumia for being too heavy lol...I really wanted it too, but I dont want something that weighs my pockets down..might have to go with HTC on this one :sadcam: