Official Windows Phone 8 thread...

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Exciting updates for the new year friends:

Windows Phone 8.1 Update is scheduled to be released in April! This is supposed to bring a new voice assistant (Cortana) into the phone, a notification center, and lots of other performance boosts. If its anything like Windows 8.1 was to Windows 8.0, i'm very excited.

NEW Nokia Lumia 929 is set to be released January 16 on Verizon! Its supposed to have a full HD screen, quad core processor, an amazing camera, as well as other goodies. This will no doubt be a success, so if your own Verizon, i suggest you pre-order this beauty now.

No word on when T-mobile will release any new Windows hardware. Hopefully the rumors of the 1520 coming to Tmobile are true.

FREE GAMES!

Windows phone now has Solitare, Mahjong, and Minesweeper for FREE on both Windows 8, and Windows phone. Its also supports xbox live. Download today!

Cool games i'm currently enjoying:

Reaper - AWESOME role playing game
Cold Space - pretty cool SHUMP shooter. Its not as good as dodononpachi, but still entertaining. Since its free
Into the Dead - endless 3-d runner with guns and zombies. Mad fun
Final Fantasy III - awesome game, but that price tag...:rudy:

Minion Rush - endless runner game, but with by far the best graphics and gameplay of them all

Windows Phone is going to have an awesome year i predict. Time to try it out if you nikkas haven't already.

will the 8.1 update give our phones 3
columns?
wat6rr.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They got two mid range phones :scusthov:
I hope you get used to that...that's all you are going to get.

Throw sprint in the bushes and go for a prepaid option that uses AT&T towers and grab yourself a great phone out of contract.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
this update is really awesome. I had to dust off the 1020 to try this thing out and so far in really impressed. Cortana has alot of potential. Plus Swype is so much better than the Android variant. Great update. Can't wait until the successor to the 1020 is released on T-Mobile

Last edited:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
this update is really awesome. I had to dust off the 1020 to try this thing out and so far in really impressed. Cortana had alot of potential. Plus Swype is so much better than the Android variant. Great update. Can't wait until the successor to the 1020 is released on T-Mobile

I just updated last night too on my 920. Runs :blessed: All the little things they added in were much needed improvements. I like the swipe keyboard or whatever you call it, its really accurate and fast.

The transparent tiles with the background makes the home screen look cool now. Notification Center is good addition with the shortcuts in there. Separate volume controls....there's just a bunch of great stuff that was added.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
one of my friends texted me and asked if i wanted to hang out tomorrow night and the phone underlined "tomorrow night". touched it and it went to the calendar events thing to add an event. did the phone always do this?