Official Windows Phone 8 thread...

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Well, the phone OS to rule them all is officially out and since apparently im one of the few morons that actually consider this phone OS a worthy alternative to the current market leaders (iOS and Android) ill go ahead and let people know some of the detail regarding the phone's OS.

First off an excellent video demonstrating the merits of Windows Phone courtesy of Joe Bellfiorie:

Overall, this OS is pretty amazing. Here are some of the key features in a nutshell:

•Multi-core processor and multiple screen resolution support
•Clean, uncluttered UI with distinctive design language
•DirectX graphics support:ohlawd:
•Excellent MS Office mobile implementation
•Top-notch social integration
•Cloud services (SkyDrive, Windows Live, Xbox Live)
•Wireless sync of multimedia content
•Internal memory expandable via microSD card slot
•USB Mass Storage mode
•Multi-tasking
•DivX/XviD/MKV video support:ohhh:
•Nokia-powered Bing Maps
•Children's corner
•Data Sense
•Class-leading JavaScript performance
•NFC support
•Bluetooth file transfers

These are in addition to the already awesome Windows 7 features like live tiles, social network integration, smart keyboard technology, and an ever-expanding array of apps. The elite phone coming out in the next few weeks include the following:

The Nokia Lumia 920 available unlocked on GSM Networks, ATT and Rogers
Nokia-Lumia-920.jpg

Key Features

The Nokia Lumia 822 available on Verizon Wireless
Nokia-Lumia-822-Atlas1.jpg

Key Features

Nokia Lumia 810 for T-Mobile
nokia_lumia-810-front-640-e1349768286598.jpg

Key Features

HTC 8x on all major carriers
htc-8x.jpg

Key features

And finally the Samsung Ativ
qrj2mg.jpg

Key Features

:whew:

Its going to be a great year for phones going forward. And all people will win as im sure iOS and
android will copy many of these features as well.

P.S. And in case you think my opinion aint worth shyt, check out these independent reviews from various reputable Tech websites:

Windows Phone 8 review: Str8 up - GSMArena.com
Microsoft Windows Phone 8 review | ITProPortal.com
Windows Phone 8 review -- Engadget

:salute:

P.S.S. This post brought to you by the Microsoft Surface...:smugfavre:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im breaking my contract with since they wont be getting a wp8....Im getting that HTC 8x in Blue :ohlawd: on verizon...The verizon version comes with wireless charging. Plus the 8x has a built in amp, so I hope my music could good

Also, Gameloft is making some games for wp8 Gameloft announces 12 killer Windows Phone 8 Xbox games | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Yeas I know a lot of these are available already on ios and android, but its a good sign also these are some apps coming Temple Run, UrbanSpoon, Pandora And More Apps Coming To Windows Phone 8 | WMPoweruser

Plus when Pandora launches it will be ad free for a year on wp8 :stylin:

dexwire

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not in the market for a new phone since i got a gs3 plus im an android Stan but i hope wp8 does better than wp7 the more competition the better.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Also Skype is built in, and its always on without killing your battery

Skype for Windows Phone 8 has arrived! - YouTube

And with MS voice service TellMe 3rd party devs can use it, think suri except other apps can take advantage of it, for example you would say groupon show me my groupons.

With tellme and being able to pin not only the apps, but deeplink parts in a app to your start screen it makes for a better experience, the only thing holding wp8 back is people buying it. More people buy the more the devs put into apps

And if you dont know what deeplinking is...for example when I was looking for tickets to costa rica I used the sky scanner apper to search for flights. I found the flight that was cheapest, and pinned it to my start screen, I look and my phone a couple days later and it has a red arrow indicating that the price has increased. If youve used win 8 you know what im talking about...also im not sure if deeplinking is the actual name :manny: