Official Watchmen Thread

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Shiiddd...is the show that hard?

No.

Its okay. Alot of people on here are being over dramatic about the show.

Its above average. The social dynamics and acting are excellent but the tone, pace and scope of the show are horrible.

Its has the same tone as that Will Smith Ali movie and arrogantly doesnt fully provide explaination for situations - but rather relies on "easter eggs" for the stans to find - leaving the casual viewers clueless to major events in the show

Check it out - you will know what youre getting like 15 minutes into the first episode.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No.

Its above average. The social dynamics and acting are excellent but the tone, pace and scope of the show are horrible.

Its has the same tone as that Will Smith Ali movie and arrogantly doesnt fully provide explaination for situations - but rather relies on "easter eggs" for the stans to find - leaving the casual viewers clueless to major events in the show

Check it out - you will know what youre getting like 15 minutes into the first episode.

Gotdamn nicca:picard:

You ain’t have to pick up the choppa and unload the full clip:mjtf::damn:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
I don't get how all these crackas is cracking in the name of Rorshach tho.. he just never seemed like the type

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No.

Yeah, the show is like one big commercial for the book. It is trying to get people who didn't read the book to do so. Which in a way I don't mind because it is great. But I imagine if you didn't this show would be head scratching.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs who started watching this without any knowledge of the source material... does it get less confusing as it goes on?

i think i get what's going on kind of, but i'm still kinda like :dahell: half the time and i'm almost done with the second episode.

i like the vibe so far and everything. i'm still just kinda not sure how all the scenes tie together lol.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
brehs who started watching this without any knowledge of the source material... does it get less confusing as it goes on?

i think i get what's going on kind of, but i'm still kinda like :dahell: half the time and i'm almost done with the second episode.

i like the vibe so far and everything. i'm still just kinda not sure how all the scenes tie together lol.

I don’t think so. You’d really do yourself a favor by reading the book then watching the movie first. This series was spawned off of the strength of those. shyt can get deep

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

bruh, at least go on youtube and watch a video on the OG comic book and/movie. I don't know how you'll ever really understand whats going on without the backstory

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don't get how all these crackas is cracking in the name of Rorshach tho.. he just never seemed like the type
Rorshach was a right wing vigilante. White supremacist for the most part are right wing. Though he wasn't portrayed as a racist in the graphic novel/movie, it's not a stretch for some white supremacist to lean towards him.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

If you never read the graphic novel then it can get confusing and honestly you'll probably get lost. I haven't read it in over a decade but have watched the movie several times since 2009. It's a good show but if you have read the graphic novel or at least watched the movie then you can appreciate it more. :yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Rorshach was a right wing vigilante. White supremacist for the most part are right wing. Though he wasn't portrayed as a racist in the graphic novel/movie, it's not a stretch for some white supremacist to lean towards him.
I gotta say big props to putting a racial interpretation on the story. The book doesn't go into it at all. I guess there is some subtext in the newsstand guy with the teenager who comes to read the Tales from the Black Freighter. But that's it really.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
He aint lying though :manny:

Hold my beer

giphy.gif