Official VENOM Movie Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The article says that's not who he's being cast for. Unless they're wrong.
i've seen some dudes say it's a swerve and the role is his if he wants it. i don't know. don't really care to be honest, i just figured that would be one character they wouldn't fukk with

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i've seen some dudes say it's a swerve and the role is his if he wants it. i don't know. don't really care to be honest, i just figured that would be one character they wouldn't fukk with
Yeah I wouldn't care for that casting at all. I mean, I'd give it a chance but at first glance that's not confidence inspiring casting

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
UPDATE: ‘Venom’ Production Start Delayed Until Late October

Omega Underground has been closely keeping tabs on the production of Sony’s Venom movie aka Antidote. The film will have Tom Hardy star as Eddie Brock directed by Ruben Fleischer along with Spider-Man: Homecoming’s production designer Oliver Scholl recently joining the film.

As we’ve previously reported the Spider-Man spinoff is confirmed to shoot in Atlanta and New York City.

However, more recently we revealed a bit of a delay concerning the production start on the film which had originally planned for September 1st. Recent crew hirings led us to believe that delays were on the way for Venom.

It’s understandable as Atlanta has become a very crowded production space, so finding the right crews can be a tough search and could lead to waiting for other projects to wrap first.

We now have an updated production start date for the film which is set for October 23rd.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-09-at-1.58.21-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2017-09-09-at-1.58.09-PM.png

Considering Venom’s release date isn’t until October 5th of next year, it likely doesn’t mean any sort of release date shuffling will be taking place.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Venom' Movie Casting Mercenaries

The Venom movie is looking for a few good mercenaries to join the cast.

A new casting call for Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff shows that the film, operating under production title “Antidote,” is seeking actors with military and law enforcement experience to play mercenaries.

Here’s the text of the casting notice, first spotted by Omega Underground:

*ANTIDOTE*
Mercenaries
Males and Females (18-40)
Military and Law Enforcement Experience
Shooting will take place between October and February.

Whether these mercenaries are friends to Eddie Brock, foes to Venom or both remains to be seen, but it is interesting that the casting call comes shortly after rumors surfaced suggesting that Silver and Black, the film focusing on Silver Sable and Black Cat, will feature Silver Sable’s mercenary team the Wild Pack. Could there already be connections forming between these Spider-Man spinoff movies?

These mercenaries could also suggest alterations being made to Venom’s origin story. Eddie Brock, the film’s lead character who will be played by Tom Hardy, in the Marvel Comics Universe is a reporter who becomes possessed by the alien symbiote. These mercenaries could suggest one or two changes to that origin tale.

One possibility is that Eddie Brock’s backstory will be altered, possibly borrowing from Flash Thompson, a later (and the best) host for the Venom symbiote. Flash Thompson is Peter Parker’s high school bully who grew up to become a military hero. Thompson lost his legs fighting overseas and joined a black ops military program that bonded him to the Venom symbiote, turning him into the version of the character best known as “Agent Venom.” Perhaps a version of this military history will be used for Eddie Brock in the movie.

On the other hand, maybe it's the symbiote that’s getting the origin change. Perhaps this version of the Venom symbiote will be grown in a lab on Earth, which was the origin story for the Ultimate Marvel version of Venom.

It's possible that both origin alteration could be true, or that neither will be true and that the mercenaries are just some cannon fodder for Venom to tear through. Fans will find out when Venom opens in theaters on October 5, 2018.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Venom movie nabs Fifty Shades of Grey writer for latest script - Movie News | JoBlo.com

The VENOM movie has been gaining a lot of traction in the news recently by hiring new cast members Michelle Williams and Jenny Slate, adding to Tom Hardy and Riz Ahmed. Fans across the inter-webs have been loving this news, but one recent update will be sure to get the comment boards buzzing: FIFTY SHADES OF GREY screenwriter Kelly Marcel will pen the newest draft of the script.

The update came shortly after Variety posted a story announcing Slate’s casting, with the publication’s own Justin Kroll sending out a tweet with the details:
https://twitter.com/krolljvar
Before this, Sony has Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner working on the script, after having worked with them on JUMANJI 2 and THE DARK TOWER respectively. It seems Sony is looking for a new angle on the flick if they’ve gone and hired Marcel to rework the script.

The movie Marcel is most known for – GREY – did not earn much praise from critics or audiences, but the film was a smash hit nonetheless. Surprisingly, people responding to the news are being quite positive, and are anxious to see how she brings these characters to the screen. She also worked on the crowd-pleaser SAVING MR. BANKS, so perhaps Sony wants Marcel to work on creating more meaningful relationships between the main characters. Or, perhaps Hardy’s Venom has a dominance-driven sex fetish. Seems in his wheelhouse.

:patrice: