Official VENOM Movie Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Tom Hardy’s ‘Venom’ Starts Shooting In September In Atlanta and NYC

There’s been some confused fans wondering why Sony Pictures would move forward with a solo Venom film that possibly won’t be connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, that’s not stopping it’s production at all.

The Spider-Man spinoff will star Oscar-nominee Tom Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road, The Revenant, Dunkirk, Dark Knight Returns) as Eddie Brock with Zombieland’s Ruben Fleishcher set to direct the film.

There have been some unconfirmed rumors that the film will be rated R.

Omega Underground revealed in March, Sony was aiming to begin filming this fall which is now being confirmed by a second source. We have confirmation from a second source the film will indeed shoot in Atlanta and New York City, it’s filming start date will be September 1st.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-14-at-11.12.51-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2017-06-14-at-11.12.32-AM.png

Sony has slated the film’s release for October 5th, 2018.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Who the fukk keeps pushing this venom movie? It's been like a decade. Who's asking for this shyt:mindblown: the only time he's been worth mentioning in the comics is when he was ethering Spiderman. Even then he only works because he is Spiderman's foils... Outside of that he's been trash.
Remenders run:ufdup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Remenders run:ufdup:

Tell em again breh. The divide on this site between cats who read comics and cats who don't but talk about comics is crazy.

Speaking of venom, the symbiotie is back in spider man in Renew Your Vows and I'm very very interested

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Tell em again breh. The divide on this site between cats who read comics and cats who don't but talk about comics is crazy.

Speaking of venom, the symbiotie is back in spider man in Renew Your Vows and I'm very very interested
I admit Sony's approach is.......odd to put lightly but THIS is the only logical way I could see Venom working is if it's Flashs version. That run was beautiful :banderas:Jack O Lantern fukkery :banderas:And yea if you're basing your assumptions on just what has been displayed in movies or comic runs from the 80s or 90s:aicmon:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

School me:skip:were those issues devoid of any Spiderman or the extended Marvel universe

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
School me:skip:were those issues devoid of any Spiderman or the extended Marvel universe

Yeah for the most part. It was all about Flash going on black ops missions. Had nothing to do with spider man really. The government got a hold of the symbiotie and decided to put it to good use. They developed a way to control it and since Flash was a soldier who couldn't use his legs anymore, it not only put him back in the field but gave him the use of his legs as Agent Venom

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yeah for the most part. It was all about Flash going on black ops missions. Had nothing to do with spider man really. The government got a hold of the symbiotie and decided to put it to good use. They developed a way to control it and since Flash was a soldier who couldn't use his legs anymore, it not only put him back in the field but gave him the use of his legs as Agent Venom
Also the conflict that he can only wear it for 48 hourse before the "Venom" tries to take over while him trying to keep his relationship with his girl in tact. Not to mention Valkeryie throwing it at him:russ::wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Fleischer says the film will deal with Venom’s origins and with the Jekyll and Hyde relationship Brock has with the alien symbiote. “They become almost a third being, which is what Venom is,” Fleischer says. “There’s a famous quote: ‘You’re Eddie Brock. I’m the symbiote. Together we are Venom.’”

Panitch says “Venom” will draw on the work of John Carpenter or David Cronenberg while promising “more pop and fun.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/sp...ng-1202498770/

@MartyMcFly I know you're not a big fan of venom but the directors saying the right things

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fleischer says the film will deal with Venom’s origins and with the Jekyll and Hyde relationship Brock has with the alien symbiote. “They become almost a third being, which is what Venom is,” Fleischer says. “There’s a famous quote: ‘You’re Eddie Brock. I’m the symbiote. Together we are Venom.’”

Panitch says “Venom” will draw on the work of John Carpenter or David Cronenberg while promising “more pop and fun.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/sp...ng-1202498770/

@MartyMcFly I know you're not a big fan of venom but the directors saying the right things

Yeah he's saying what needs to be said. I told you I'm seeing it because they got fukking Hardy to do it. They trapped me in their....web. So I hope it's on point

That said..still more interested in the black cat and silver sable movie. I love those characters more and Prince-Bythewood is the female James Wan: Undefeated

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Riz Ahmed in Talks for Sony's 'Venom'

riz_ahmed.jpg

The Rogue One: A Star Wars Story star is in talks to join Sony's Venom, the studio's first spin-off in a shared universe based on Spider-Man characters. Ahmed's character is being kept under wraps, but insiders say he would not be playing the villain Carnage, which Sony has been looking to cast. Sources say he was considered for the role before script changes were made.

Tom Hardy is starring in Venom as the title character, who in the comic books is a photographer named Eddie Brock who, when bonded with an alien symbiote, becomes Venom. He's been both a nemesis of Spider-Man, as well as an anti-hero and protector of the innocent.

Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer is directing Venom, which Sony hopes will be the the first in a series of movies based on Spider-Man characters. It is also developing the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie Silver and Black from director Gina Prince-Bythewood.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm way beyond casting controversies... but isn't Carnage's main characteristic in the comics the fact he's a ginger white dude? that's literally all i know about him.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i'm way beyond casting controversies... but isn't Carnage's main characteristic in the comics the fact he's a ginger white dude? that's literally all i know about him.
The article says that's not who he's being cast for. Unless they're wrong.