Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
WITH DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION EXPECTED TO CLOSE SOON, VOLTAGE PICTURES WILL HANDLE INTERNATIONAL RIGHTS TO TUPAC SHAKUR BIOPIC

Morgan Creek Productions announced today that Voltage Pictures will handle international rights to the Tupac Shakur biopic, “All Eyez on Me,” starting this week at the American Film Market (AFM) in Santa Monica.

“All Eyez on Me,” currently in post-production, chronicles the life and legacy of Tupac Shakur, including his rise to superstardom as a hip hop artist and actor, as well as his imprisonment and prolific, controversial time at Death Row Records, where he was steeped in the East coast/West coast rap war.

The feature film is written by Jeremy Haft & Ed Gonzalez and Steve Bagatourian, and is directed by Benny Boom. Newcomer Demetrius Shipp Jr stars as Tupac Shakur; Danai Gurira is Afeni Shakur; Kat Graham plays Jada Pinkett; Annie Ilonzeh is Kidada Jones; Lauren Cohan plays Leila Steinberg; and Jamal Woolard reprises his role from “Notorious” as Biggie Smalls.

James G Robinson and David Robinson from Morgan Creek are producing along with Program Pictures’ LT Hutton.

President and COO of Voltage Pictures Jonathan Deckter said, “Benny and the team have made a highly stylized, emotional, entertaining, and relevant film which we look forward to bringing to the international community and the legions of Tupac fans worldwide. In addition, I couldn’t be happier to work with Jim, Brian, David and the Morgan Creek team again.”

Brian Robinson, Managing Director of Morgan Creek added, “Jonathan Deckter and the team at Voltage have the same passion in selling this film as we had in making it. We’re extremely excited to have them on-board.”

“All Eyez on Me” wrapped production in Atlanta and Las Vegas in May 2016.

Domestic distribution discussions are at an advanced stage and likely to close by mid-November.

The deal was negotiated by Brian Robinson and Jessica VanderYacht of Morgan Creek; Glen Mastroberte of Latham & Watkins; and Jonathan Deckter and Christian Eimer of Voltage Pictures.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
14733727_1353108714723495_4248505787195850752_n.jpg
14727548_1570732716275235_4446064331372625920_n.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw some guy on IG saying they low key released it in Amsterdam.

They do have a foreign distributor for the film:jbhmm:

Still searching for a domestic, tho.