Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

Daps
The point I am making is corporations own and have commodified speech. That’s dangerous to me. Corporations now own free speech.

No, they don't, because you can still say what you want without repercussions beyond not being able to use a corporate platform.

The internet is still the least controlled space we have, so pretending that it's somehow shutting down people's ability to get out their message just doesn't fit. We were just talking the other day about how the internet and social media have actually made for a free space for these crazy racist folks to more easily get together than they ever could before. Twitter banning a bunch of them won't stop that. There's still Parler or ***** or st0rmfr0nt or wherever. They'll find a space to meet up; it just doesn't have to be a major corporate-backed space.

And that's just the internet. They can still make their own newsletters, the rich ones can start their own OANs and Newsmaxes, and the poorest and craziest ones can still go on college campus lawns and call all the passing students sinners and whores and shyt. Corporations don't have some monopoly over free speech.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

:russ::russ::russ:

giphy.webp

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
No, they don't, because you can still say what you want without repercussions beyond not being able to use a corporate platform.

The internet is still the least controlled space we have, so pretending that it's somehow shutting down people's ability to get out their message just doesn't fit. We were just talking the other day about how the internet and social media have actually made for a free space for these crazy racist folks to more easily get together than they ever could before. Twitter banning a bunch of them won't stop that. There's still Parler or ***** or st0rmfr0nt or wherever. They'll find a space to meet up; it just doesn't have to be a major corporate-backed space.

And that's just the internet. They can still make their own newsletters, the rich ones can start their own OANs and Newsmaxes, and the poorest and craziest ones can still go on college campus lawns and call all the passing students sinners and whores and shyt. Corporations don't have some monopoly over free speech.
Nikkas think just because they use someone else's platform and they're popping that they own it

I was thinking of that earlier when it came to Boosie

Daps
Nikkas think just because they use someone else's platform and they're popping that they own it

I was thinking of that earlier when it came to Boosie

That is a great comparison. Maggie Haberman is a huge Trump stan at NYT, and she has a lot of access to him. Here's what she tweeted about the Twitter ban earlier:

This was a case of Trump thinking he was bigger than the platform, but even a president isn't bigger than any one platform, especially not when that president is leaving office in two weeks and his party doesn't hold either branch of Congress.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I feel you.

My issue is corporations are buying those spaces too. I just see where this is going and don’t like it.

I would like to see this stuff treated as a public trust.