Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
to me that’s too good of a hypothetical cause that’s probably the ideal scenario…he’s barred from seeking office AND goes out as a sniveling fukking rat? Don’t know what he could possibly have on desantis, but if he were to take down the heir apparent on the way out …fukking bravo…

As opposed to the DOJ going after him, and let’s say they’re successful…he’s made into some kind of martyr by the fukking idiots that have already watched him try to pretty nakedly end even the illusion of democracy in this country, faith is even further eroded in government institutions, and we continue down this path we’re on into i don’t even want to know

The Orlando Sentinel article is paywalled. :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I prefer a justice like Thurgood Marshall who is going to do what is right. Not guys like Garland who not going to move the needle. The waynhe is leading the Justice Department gives you insight to how he would rule on the bench.

But Gorusch is the one who became SCJ over Garland, not Thurgood Marshall. You said you were "glad" he didn't become a SCJ which makes no sense.

Rayg1919

Rookie
Daps
But Gorusch is the one who became SCJ over Garland, not Thurgood Marshall. You said you were "glad" he didn't become a SCJ which makes no sense.
Obama should have nominated a black woman at the time the seat was available. Black people would have put pressure on congress had he made that move. The Republican Senate at the time was not going to fill that seat until the next election anyway. Garland was a weak safe pick. Gorusch is there because Republicans stole the seat. Democrats were too confident that Clinton was going to win. That didn't happen. So here we are. No more Roe v Wade. The Democratic Senate is not going to do away with the Senate filibuster to make it law. They could do it but they wont. I'm no fan of Gorusch but I always felt Garland was the wrong pick at the time.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Obama should have nominated a black woman at the time the seat was available. Black people would have put pressure on congress had he made that move. The Republican Senate at the time was not going to fill that seat until the next election anyway. Garland was a weak safe pick. Gorusch is there because Republicans stole the seat. Democrats were too confident that Clinton was going to win. That didn't happen. So here we are. No more Roe v Wade. The Democratic Senate is not going to do away with the Senate filibuster to make it law. They could do it but they wont. I'm no fan of Gorusch but I always felt Garland was the wrong pick at the time.

Black people would have put pressure on which Republican Senator? You do realize that Mitch McConnell unilaterally made the decision to block the nomination and he doesn't give a fukk what Black people think, right?

Garland wasn't going to be the pick if Clinton won. If Clinton won, Obama would have withdrawn Garland and Clinton would have nominated her own SCJ pick.

You still haven't explained why you were "glad" that Garland didn't become a Supreme Court Justice. If Garland had been SCJ, he'd be sitting in Gorusch's seat.