Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this and that ending was garbage smh. The whole gang of ladies going commando and those researchers was ridiculous.

If the writers had changed the thing by making the ladies tell the nomad hunters what happened and they in return went in on the researchers (after the ladies opened the gate and all), this would have been way better because it would have also tied the Tagaq storyline and make their hostility to the police more meaningful.

I had enjoyed the season so far though it was more of a 7/10 show. Some scenes that were too long or unnecessary, some plotholes and incoherences, some wonky cgi and obvious green screens and so on but I liked the atmosphere and that they were talking about native women being preyed on. But the ending ruined it.

Last edited:

-Quikness-

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came in here hyped cause I just finished season 1 :gladbron:

Now the comments have me questioning if I should even bother watching this new season? :beli:

Anyone tell me if seasons 2 and 3 is worth watching? :francis:

Superstar
Daps
Came in here hyped cause I just finished season 1 :gladbron:

Now the comments have me questioning if I should even bother watching this new season? :beli:

Anyone tell me if seasons 2 and 3 is worth watching? :francis:

:manny:
Just watch them. I loved the first three seasons, my favorites are 1 and 3, but I annually watch 2 as well.

Superstar
Daps
I appreciate this info, I'll carry on at season 2 and report back here :lolbron:

It’s a little convoluted because there’s so many protagonists and multiple antagonists, plus they were sticking with the literary themes. Just remember the arcs are rooted in the Tibetan book of the dead and it will all come together and make sense after the shootout episode (I don’t think that’s a spoiler because 1-3 all ramp up to shootout episodes). It clicked after the second time I watched the season and I enjoy it a lot more.

Season 2 also continues the noir style, but it’s extra like the 1940’s LA “gumshoe” style noir; it’s not like the southern gothic noir in the first season.

Don’t take it too serious and you may enjoy it on the first run instead of crying about it like some others do. It’s shot well and, in a way, allows you to kind of pick who’s story you want to follow while ignoring the rest until another watch. They clearly tried to do too much but I love it anyways.

Last edited:

-Quikness-

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a little convoluted because there’s so many protagonists and multiple antagonists, plus they were sticking with the literary themes. Just remember the arcs are rooted in the Tibetan book of the dead and it will all come together and make sense after the shootout episode (I don’t think that’s a spoiler because 1-3 all ramp up to shootout episodes). It clicked after the second time I watched the season and I enjoy it a lot more.

Season 2 also continues the noir style, but it’s extra like the 1940’s LA “gumshoe” style noir; it’s not like the southern gothic noir in the first season.

Don’t take it too serious and you may enjoy it on the first run instead of crying about it like some others do. It’s shot well and, in a way, allows you to kind of pick who’s story you want to follow while ignoring the rest until another watch. They clearly tried to don’t much but I love it anyways.
Thanks for the info my dude, it's appreciated, from what you've said I'm going into this quietly confident :leon:

Superstar
Daps
Like I said. I only watched it because of the cop. :manny:

I honestly think they could have cut out the highway patrol cop, and possibly Vince’s storyline; absorbed some of their stuff into the Colin, the lady cop, or a villain, and the show would have hit harder in the beginning.

Even if they’d kept them for their respective bardos, they could have made them heavier background characters and removed the constant in-depth check-ins on their lives. A lot of it could have been explained with quick cut aways, and understood at the end.

Last edited: