Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
I actually think an african country hosting an olympics games would somewhat be good. Crooked governments would have to spend money on modern facilities and the influx of tourism dollars would be long lasting:yeshrug:
These facilities will most likely end up empty after the Olympics. Look what happened in Greece and Brazil... abandoned stadiums. African countries still need basics infrastructures like good roads and schools.
The best is to host in countries with established sport infrastructures imo.

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Suck a dikk China :umad:

All that doping and we still the best :blessed:

I don't like China but Americans are just as doped. Living outside of the US, nobody take the American performances as clean and legit... and it has nothing to do with being anti American.
And that's not even mentioning the fact that the US have its men lobbying in the Olympic institutions and people in key positions, unlike the Chinese or the Russians.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk the noise…we running the medal count…greatest country on earth :mjpls:

0-FBCFADF-09-D8-4-C1-D-9-B53-924584986225.jpg

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
We still have the best athletes in the world. Point blank.

This type of statement doesn't mean anything... it's simply a display of nationalism. And the "still" just show how SOME Americans are shytting their pants in front of the rising China.

Boxing judges have been really poor this entire olympics

Boxing is always controversial in the Olympics. This sport should be removed, the grade system is just too subjective and the ref corrupt. National federation pay to have their men in the ref committee...

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Metal count is pretty much "bragging" rights. I don't recall any country ever being declared the "winner" at the Closing Ceremony... have you? :patrice:
Yeah, I know. It was a facetious question.

Y’all wildin in here. Of course the “I hate America so much I can’t even enjoy us winning at sports” crew comes through, but then the “we won the Olympics” crew also pops up when there is no winner

ahh man. I just enjoy the two weeks every 4 years that I decide to be “patriotic”
Agreed 100%.

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Stay mad French fry :russ: :umad:

Am I the one getting emotional? :stopitslime:
You were the one panicking with China and the final medal count during the whole Olympics. Which is not the spirit of the games.
Then you kept denying the cases of systemic private doping programs in America (Balco, US Postal, Nike Oregon project, etc.) like an hypocrite. So change this profile picture and put on the red Maga hat.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nah, olympics is always shyt for the populations that host them. Billions in public money goes into the hands of wealthy contractors, slums and low-income housing are destroyed to make space for stadiums that are hardly ever used again, police state is used to crack down on "undesireables".

Abolish the Olympics

fukk that Atlanta got a lot of nice shyt due to the Olympics with a lot of it paid for by Coca Cola. Damn near everything they built was used later. Olympics pretty much changed the trajectory of the entire city.

I did go to Rio a couple years ago and their shyt was left to rot. :huhldup:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Am I the one getting emotional? :stopitslime:
You were the one panicking with China and the final medal count during the whole Olympics. Which is not the spirit of the games.
Then you kept denying the cases of systemic private doping programs in America (Balco, US Postal, Nike Oregon project, etc.) like an hypocrite. So change this profile picture and put on the red Maga hat.
Not the spirit of the games? The Olympics are a COMPETITION, you goofy :gucci:

Having more golds than another country is about bragging rights :gucci:

Also, you idiots keep on bringing up irrelevant nonsense about doping when none of that compares to what countries like Russia and China have done. Y'all just mad that American athletes are the best. Deal with it :yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Y’all wildin in here. Of course the “I hate America so much I can’t even enjoy us winning at sports” crew comes through, but then the “we won the Olympics” crew also pops up when there is no winner

ahh man. I just enjoy the two weeks every 4 years that I decide to be “patriotic”
I don’t enjoy any nation winning or losing. I enjoy the athletic competition. I don’t enjoy the IOC turning areas into police states and locking up poor people and bankrupting cities on top of the corruption.

Running around waving the US flag because someone who happens to be a US citizen win at wind sailing is where I think it’s weird as fukk.

And then there are some people who have literally been redpilled into thinking other nations are evil or nefarious by bringing up unfounded PED allegations while ignoring that in their own nation.

It’s weird.

Enjoy the games for the athletic conquests. Waving your flag or hating another nation is where I think you are a complete weirdo.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I actually think an african country hosting an olympics games would somewhat be good. Crooked governments would have to spend money on modern facilities and the influx of tourism dollars would be long lasting:yeshrug:
That would be horrendous.

Look at what South Africa did in Johannesburg poor communities to build that national stadium.

That would be times ten if Lagos or Accra hosted the Olympics.

I think the Olympics should be in one city and have athletes compete their every two years, like it’s going to the Rose Bowl or something.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk that Atlanta got a lot of nice shyt due to the Olympics with a lot of it paid for by Coca Cola. Damn near everything they built was used later. Olympics pretty much changed the trajectory of the entire city.

I did go to Rio a couple years ago and their shyt was left to rot. :huhldup:

Yea facilities paid with private dollars gonna work out in the long run.

As @Rhakim and @mastermind said it don't work out well when its paid with public money with no proper oversight, like sports teams in America using public money for a private stadium and other perks.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, olympics is always shyt for the populations that host them. Billions in public money goes into the hands of wealthy contractors, slums and low-income housing are destroyed to make space for stadiums that are hardly ever used again, police state is used to crack down on "undesireables".

Abolish the Olympics
London definitely benefited

Olympics and world cups should only be held in developed countries

Greece, South Africa, and Brazil bit off more than they can chew

I think the new IOC president agrees with me as he rigged the bidding process to ensure that only developed countries who have hosted Olympics before win
Look at where the next few Olympics are going to be held: Paris, LA, Brisbane