Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Elitist ass post.
Whole games gotta be investigated cause 'murica aint win like they normally do? :mjlol:
So nobody can get better or be better than the good ole US of A huh?

Your post is so America:mjlol:
You are trying to hard. I am not even American. But the athletes haven't even been getting personal bests. That means that something went wrong somewhere.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The commentators mentioned the track being altered over the years to help out runners.

That helps too. Want to get rid of those old Eastern bloc records. Also making the tracks more runner friendly with the impact.

Tokyo has always had a fast track. 91 World Champs had fast times as well.

Eugene Monaco and now this Tokyo track are the quickest on the circuit.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It's not the not winning. It's the actual performances of the athletes. Many of them look under cooked. And every country that pumps a shyt load of money into the Olympics teams always hold investigations into why did they fail to hit their medal targets. And the knock on effect is sports get their funding cut for failure.
You know we’re living in a Covid World, right? Everyone’s life has changed. Athletes had to wait another year to do this. Training put on hold, then back on; plus some caught the Rona.

There’s still another week and change before the Olympics are over. US still leads the medal count.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah there were talks about how the new Nike shoes was technological doping when Kipchoge broke 2hr in that tailor made Nike marathon event. There will always be talks like this regarding gear so I'm fine with it myself. Still remember those silly Cathy Freeman suits in Sydney 2000 or the swimsuits in 2008

It's stupid not to use the technology.

So you're coming around to marginal gains then. :sas2:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
That helps too. Want to get rid of those old Eastern bloc records. Also making the tracks more runner friendly with the impact.

Tokyo has always had a fast track. 91 World Champs had fast times as well.

Eugene Monaco and now this Tokyo track are the quickest on the circuit.
fukk that, I love me some cold war track records :mjgrin:

marita-koch-42302875-7cf4-4a51-82e9-e1902e91f49-resize-750.jpeg

:mjlol:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You know we’re living in a Covid World, right? Everyone’s life has changed. Athletes had to wait another year to do this. Training put on hold, then back on; plus some caught the Rona.

There’s still another week and change before the Olympics are over. US still leads the medal count.

Boring.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Holloway may run 12.75

who am I kidding? The way this olympics been going, he will trip like Lolo Jones and some US born mulatto from Denmark named Darrel Jenkins will win the gold :francis:

:bryan::deadmanny:

Gotta read that with the European commentator's :mjpls: voice.

"And in lane 6 , we have DAHHH-RELL JENKINS from.....Denmark...:mjpls: