Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
You know what I think this was the time she should of done it. Reminded me of Mike Marsh in 92. He was flying in the semis and slowed down as he was so far ahead when he crossed the line he was a second off the WR. Everyone thought he was going to break the WR in the final and didn't come close to it.
Athletes usually save their energy for the final so I understand why she slowed down though it might have been a missed opportunity indeed.
However records are better when they are set in finals and Thompson has been flying those Olympics so I can see her going hard and time a sub 20'3 mark.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Athletes usually save their energy for the final so I understand why she slowed down though it might have been a missed opportunity indeed.
However records are better when they are set in finals and Thompson has been flying those Olympics so I can see her going hard and time a sub 20'3 mark.

The day off before the final should help as well for going all out tomorrow

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Obviously and I'm sure most athletes who break WR hope it is in a medal final. But if the sporting gods deem it's your day to break a WR then it's your day. Many have come close once and never managed to get near it again.

It took Michael Johnson years to break the 400m he was coming towards :flabbynsick: status when he finally did it in Seville 99.