Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was gonna say Cuban breh was dumb as fukk to fall back from the competition but I see he was injured.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Very impressed with Megan Tapper considering her size vs Camacho and Harrison. She’s like 3/4 their size...
That was so cute. I had to look her up, depending on the source she's either 5'0" or 5'1". Has to clear over half her body height on every hurdle.

crazy thing is as well all these athletes beating them if they weren't born in america, for the most part went to american universities to hone their craft
:mjlol:

What's wrong with that? USA has the best university system in the world, of course you're gonna get an education there if you can. No one casts shade on American soccer players for going to Europe to hone their craft, if you're world-class then you develop where the world-class opportunities are.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That was so cute. I had to look her up, depending on the source she's either 5'0" or 5'1". Has to clear over half her body height on every hurdle.

What's wrong with that? USA has the best university system in the world, of course you're gonna get an education there if you can. No one casts shade on American soccer players for going to Europe to hone their craft, if you're world-class then you develop where the world-class opportunities are.

oh nothing at all
i look at andre de grasse if it wasn't for that usc system he'd be flabby and sick

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:mjlol:

the woman who is fav for the 100m hurdles is American but running for puerto rico

Don't forget that in 2016 the USA qualifying for the women's 2016 hurdles was so fukking competitive that the woman who set the WORLD RECORD the next month finished just 6th in the trials and didn't even go to the Olympics.

Imagine setting the American record in May, going just 0.3 slower in June and failing to qualify, set the world record in July, and then have to watch the Olympics on TV in August. American women were so stacked in the event that they swept gold-silver-bronze even with the current world record holder sitting at home.

I don't blame her for repping her parents' home when qualifying for USA in any particular year might be a total crapshoot.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Don't forget that in 2016 the USA qualifying for the women's 2016 hurdles was so fukking competitive that the woman who set the WORLD RECORD the next month finished just 6th in the trials and didn't even go to the Olympics.

Imagine setting the American record in May, going just 0.3 slower in June and failing to qualify, set the world record in July, and then have to watch the Olympics on TV in August. American women were so stacked in the event that they swept gold-silver-bronze even with the current world record holder sitting at home.

I don't blame her for repping her parents' home when qualifying for USA in any particular year might be a total crapshoot.

:ehh: