Supporter
Daps

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Not stupidity-related but curious to get others opinion:

I feel like threads like these assume that those digesting the content are informed HL posters. But since it's TLR, additional context/push-back is needed in the clips, or else it's just sharing unchallenged pro-Trump views messaging.
Not enough posters browse here to get proper discourse or even the entertainment of discussion. So many threads get posted in HL without even a reply. So I can see why he'd post there. It's not for convincing the Trump supporters to switch over but rather to make light of these idiot entertainers who talk and people listen because of their fame.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
We used to rappers c00ning. at this point i'm shocked if one of them doesn't support trump.
It's funny how the intersection of non-conscious rappers and sex workers took this long to happen considering the "do anything for money" mindset and non-virtuous character both seem to have
It was really inevitable when you think about it

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
But as a side note, sometimes yall do over inflate your egos over here. At the end of the day, you just in here having conversations like anyone else.
Trying to act like your discussion topic is more important in grand scheme of things is more about perspective than reality
Especially since the outcomes of all these anonymous convos are ultimately that same. IE nothing comes of it but passing time.
Dudes discussing Rhianna aren't moving the needle any more or less than dudes discussing Aristotle are. I'm the CFO of 60 million dollar company, have a firm grasp of the issues affecting my local community, and even have direct connections to several local politicians in my state, and yet the most important convos i have on a day to day basis is talking nonsense with my 11 year old daughter about subjects she enjoys. Don't waste too much time judging,

Last edited:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
But as a side note, sometimes yall do over inflate your egos over here. At the end of the day, you just in here having conversations like anyone else.
Trying to act like your discussion topic is more important in grand scheme of things is more about perspective than reality
Especially since the outcomes of all these anonymous convos are ultimately that same. IE nothing comes of it but passing time.
Dudes discussing Rhianna aren't moving the needle any more or less than dudes discussing Aristotle are. I'm the CFO of 60 million dollar company, have a firm grasp of the issues affecting my local community, and even have direct connections to several local politicians in my state, and yet the most important convos i have on a day to day basis is talking nonsense with my 11 year old daughter about subjects she enjoys. Don't waste too much time judging,
Maybe so but I wouldn't regard it as more important but more intellectually stimulating. Discourse can get overrun there with idiotic takes that are actually serious. I understand humorous comments and posts that's my shtick but frequently discussion will get derailed by the most ignorant of thought processes and beliefs held by a common denominator conforming uninformed audience. I think we all can languish in the futility of conversations here but that doesn't mean we have to revel in the ignorance at all times to do so. Sometimes it gets tiring and you'd rather have and read discourse written by well read presumably black posters sometimes rather than the common denominator appealing takes and discussion. I dont post much in HL but I like to browse and read every so often.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Maybe so but I wouldn't regard it as more important but more intellectually stimulating. Discourse can get overrun there with idiotic takes that are actually serious. I understand humorous comments and posts that's my shtick but frequently discussion will get derailed by the most ignorant of thought processes and beliefs held by a common denominator conforming uninformed audience. I think we all can languish in the futility of conversations here but that doesn't mean we have to revel in the ignorance at all times to do so. Sometimes it gets tiring and you'd rather have and read discourse written by well read presumably black posters sometimes rather than the common denominator appealing takes and discussion. I dont post much in HL but I like to browse and read every so often.
Yeah, Trolls are annoying no matter what. I enjoy humor, but I still prefer polite discourse no matter the subject.