Goaltending.
a.
Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a field-
goal
try and each of the following conditions is met: (Exceptions: Rule
10-4.1.i)
1.The ball is on its downward flight; and
2.The ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility, while in
flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the cylinder.
b.It is goaltending to touch the ball outside the cylinder during a free throw,
regardless of whether the free throw is on its upward or downward flight.
c.When the ball contacts the backboard and any part of the ball is above the
rim during a field goal attempt, it is considered to be on its downward flight.
In such a case, it is goaltending when the ball is touched by a player as
long as it has a possibility of entering the basket.
https://www.southern.edu/intramurals/Documents/BR15.pdf

NBA
Rule No 11

Section 1a

a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.
f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.
h. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.
i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html?nav=articlelist

:yeshrug:

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
22828_10153226335233760_2029620928453873581_n.jpg

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Why is Baylor always so underwhelming? And why would anyone ever go there considering how HS All Americans usually end up really shytty, Scott Drew's player development is fukking awful.

cuz its a cool ass team. all the way down to the style of play. hes prolly a great recruiter too......and i wouldnt be surprised if hes running a dirty program.

as far as underachievers go, i dont know man. its usually the dudes that dont have that drive in em - i.e. perry jones.