Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree but truth be told this is the case with these young rappers around the country. Anyone think most of these young-ish Atlanta rappers can name 5 Outkast songs? How many Nas songs are these NY drill rappers familiar with? Hell, how many Jay songs do they know? These dudes were focused entirely on subgenres of local street shyt and if they fukk with outside stuff it's Kevin Gates/NBA Youngboy/21 Savage/Kodak type shyt. It might as well be an entirely different genre from Eminem, Nas, etc.

Why the hell are you mixing in Eminem with black artists like OutKast, Jay, Nas, etc when it comes to the black community? :mjlol:

A lot of young kids know music that you wouldn’t expect based on what their parents listened to. However, I acknowledge there’s plenty of kids not familiar with their music as well.

Em is a little different here because the black community doesn’t listen to his music like that, so it would have never passed down from parents to kids. Therefore, none of those Detroits nyggas know his music, they just know he’s accomplished.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why the hell are you mixing in Eminem with black artists like OutKast, Jay, Nas, etc when it comes to the black community? :mjlol:

A lot of young kids know music that you wouldn’t expect based on what their parents listened to. However, I acknowledge there’s plenty of kids not familiar with their music as well.

Em is a little different here because the black community doesn’t listen to his music like that, so it would have never passed down from parents to kids. Therefore, none of those Detroits nyggas know his music, they just know he’s accomplished.
Because we're talking about large groups of people who do not listen to any music that wasn't released within the last few years, have little to no interest in "the culture" and exclusively listen to street sub genres? Eminem is as foreign to them as Nas or Jay is. They don't give a fukk.

Em got plenty of play in the black community at one point, now he doesn't. Each subsequent generations gives less of a fukk about old shyt and eventually that will not be sustainable.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because we're talking about large groups of people who do not listen to any music that wasn't released within the last few years, have little to no interest in "the culture" and exclusively listen to street sub genres? Eminem is as foreign to them as Nas or Jay is. They don't give a fukk.

Em got plenty of play in the black community at one point, now he doesn't. Each subsequent generations gives less of a fukk about old shyt and eventually that will not be sustainable.

I completely get what you’re saying, however, I know being around kids not to make assumptions. Can’t tell you how many times I came across a kid listening to older shyt and then I was like “What you know about that?” They’d respond and be like my parents or my older siblings listened to it.

Outside of 2001, Em never got play like that. His music would not get passed down from parents to kids.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Right. Plus so many of them have given Royce, who is basically Em's right hand man, his credit as being a mentor behind the scenes you would think they'd at least respect that. If I was a rapper and wanted some game from Jay-Z but Ty Ty and Emory were schooling me behind the scenes, I would be good wtih that.

The other thing Vezzo and the other guys aren't factoring is not all those Detroit rappers are getting along right now and once you embrace 1, it could look like you chose a side. You start helping both, and it looks like you're playing both sides. Em is not street and I'm sure he doesn't want to be involved in their politics AT ALL.

Some of the rappers on Friday night cypher had issues with each other, Sada, one of the main dudes seemingly wanting Em's attention didn't fukk with the track over beef.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
When Albee Al is talking about he doesn't want to be 80, and he just doesn't see that live, that shyt was kinda sad but I know people like that.

That "When do you really make it" shyt was basically him saying no matter what you've done or accomplished, you never really made it. Full happiness is not a thing. No matter how much money you make or what you've done.