Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Expect a white backpacker to mentor street rappers.

The idea of a white man even helping them should never cross these nyggas mind.
It's crazy but they do this with every poppin street rapper that comes out of Detroit, and it's like did them nikkas even look up to Eminem? They not even remotely in the same lane.

It's not even as if Vezzo is in the Griselda type "traditional boom bap" type street rap. He's a modern day street rapper.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Expect a white backpacker to mentor street rappers.

The idea of a white man even helping them should never cross these nyggas mind.

It's crazy but they do this with every poppin street rapper that comes out of Detroit, and it's like did them nikkas even look up to Eminem? They not even remotely in the same lane.

Right. Plus so many of them have given Royce, who is basically Em's right hand man, his credit as being a mentor behind the scenes you would think they'd at least respect that. If I was a rapper and wanted some game from Jay-Z but Ty Ty and Emory were schooling me behind the scenes, I would be good wtih that.

The other thing Vezzo and the other guys aren't factoring is not all those Detroit rappers are getting along right now and once you embrace 1, it could look like you chose a side. You start helping both, and it looks like you're playing both sides. Em is not street and I'm sure he doesn't want to be involved in their politics AT ALL.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's not even as if Vezzo is in the Griselda type "traditional boom bap" type street rap. He's a modern day street rapper.

LOL I doubt these nyggas even listened to Em like that. I guarantee you that there are Detroit rappers that we have never heard of, that got more play in the hood than Eminem ever did.

These interviews always come off as let us extort you, let us use you for your name, your resources, etc.

If it were all about advice, Royce is probably a more valuable and relatable resource. He may not be in the same lane, but has experienced everything in the rap game.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
IMG-0543.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
LOL I doubt these nyggas even listened to Em like that. I guarantee you that there are Detroit rappers that we have never heard of, that got more play in the hood than Eminem ever did.

These interviews always come off as let us extort you, let us use you for your name, your resources, etc.

If it were all about advice, Royce is probably a more valuable and relatable resource. He may not be in the same lane, but has experienced everything in the rap game.

I agree but truth be told this is the case with these young rappers around the country. Anyone think most of these young-ish Atlanta rappers can name 5 Outkast songs? How many Nas songs are these NY drill rappers familiar with? Hell, how many Jay songs do they know? These dudes were focused entirely on subgenres of local street shyt and if they fukk with outside stuff it's Kevin Gates/NBA Youngboy/21 Savage/Kodak type shyt. It might as well be an entirely different genre from Eminem, Nas, etc.