FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Bag Fuel did a MUCH better job interviewing AZ

They didn’t try to ask a million Nas questions and when they did they kept it strictly to one or two. They asked the infamous “Nas/AZ album, will they won’t they?” Question but didn’t continually come back to it.

AZ is very guarded so I know he’s not an easy interviewee but any idiot at this point in time should know he’s not going to delve too deeply into the past because old school NY nikkas are private due to their upbringing. At least Esso sensed this and tried to come at him on some different topics

Bet. Def gonna watch. Sometimes it's hard to get through BagFuel interviews because Esso will go into long stories about his own personal experiences. I get he does it to point out similar experiences that the interviewee had but he goes on forever sometimes.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Almost made me stop watching the show along with their Rory and Mals leaving.

The worst thing about him must be that he loves to tell people how to make music, and then I found out that he rapped and he's one of the wackest rappers I've heard :mjlol:
:russ: he be right about some shyt but yea once I heard his struggle raps i start looking at him sideways when he call shyt wack & he has that "i'm the smartest person in the room" vibe

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:russ: he be right about some shyt but yea once I heard his struggle raps i start looking at him sideways when he call shyt wack & he has that "i'm the smartest person in the room" vibe
LOL I heard more from him and he's actually not that terrible it's just he doesn't sound like a natural rapper even when he wasn't doing his Busta Rhymes impersonation on that 1 song. He's a decent enough writer but vocal tone, believability are just things that can't be taught.

Therht

Pro
Daps
This pod is the most underwhelming pod out there

The way they sit around like retired generals tryna sound smart :russell:

Dread lock guy must be on spectrum having never cracked a smile, always on some “my pops always told me yadda yadda…

Incredible guests and it’s still a yawnfest cos the hosts egos won’t permit a great interview

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Bet. Def gonna watch. Sometimes it's hard to get through BagFuel interviews because Esso will go into long stories about his own personal experiences. I get he does it to point out similar experiences that the interviewee had but he goes on forever sometimes.
while you at it might as well check out some Bigga eps too breh
full

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right, but I don’t think the questions are good either. You land an AZ interview, a guy that rarely does interviews, and you just ask questions about Nas, The Firm, & even 50 cent. He’s not the type of guy that you should be asking about other nyggas. Make the interview about him.

Atleast pick out his signature albums and ask him about the album making process, or perhaps their favorite songs, but I don’t think these guys are fans enough of his catalog like that.

Math is obsessed with Viral moments, this was chance to have a conversation with someone who rarely opens up.

But this is fundamental problem with too many Rap Pods and interview platforms. These folks really don't know much music on an in depth level.

Easy topic with A to break the ice, could've been the samples he uses, and the influence the music in his household had on him.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel yall, BUT AZ a difficult interview. dude didnt wanna talk about shyt, and I'm not mad at it cuz he stay out the limelight and do be in no shyt. They wasnt cool enough/aint have enough history with him to be able to pull out (pause) any level of detail or nuance. was the bag fuel interview any better?

All Math wanna know about is beef, drama, and stories. Not every interview is gonna flow like that. It's like they didn't watch any previous AZ interview

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All Math wanna know about is beef, drama, and stories. Not every interview is gonna flow like that. It's like they didn't watch any previous AZ interview
To be fair, I watched the Bagfuel interview and it wasn't much better. Slightly, but not great.

AZ is just not a compelling interviewee. This is not to say they did a good job, they did a poor job with the questions, but I'm still not sure how good it would've been even if they asked the right stuff.

I'll see how the Drink Champs one goes, maybe his comfortability with Nore will get him to open up more.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, I watched the Bagfuel interview and it wasn't much better. Slightly, but not great.

AZ is just not a compelling interviewee. This is not to say they did a good job, they did a poor job with the questions, but I'm still not sure how good it would've been even if they asked the right stuff.

I'll see how the Drink Champs one goes, maybe his comfortability with Nore will get him to open up more.

I haven’t watched the entire bagfuel interview, but watched the 3 clips and it’s the same shyt. Notice how Nas name is in all the short clips.

I highly doubt Esso knows anything about AZ’s catalog but the early shyt.

You would think AZ’s career was just a few years since they only focus on a specific time frame.

yourgod

Pro
Daps
Again when math ain’t there the interview is actually engaging. The sha money joint is pretty good. They let him talk, they interject about the knowledge they have of his career and guide him through the process, beginning middle and end. Reminds me of the some of the old combat jack episodes.