Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i can understand peoples gripes sometimes with the humor and all that.
but its like yall really dont be understanding that these are "comic book" movies.
the greatest threat to the planet and you can best believe Spider-Man, Peter Quill, Tony Stark, etc etc gonna have some slick shyt to say at some point in all this madness!
just is what it is.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i can understand peoples gripes sometimes with the humor and all that.
but its like yall really dont be understanding that these are "comic book" movies.
the greatest threat to the planet and you can best believe Spider-Man, Peter Quill, Tony Stark, etc etc gonna have some slick shyt to say at some point in all this madness!
just is what it is.

All depends on character first tho. I haven't seen the flick yet so I can't speak to this one but in general, everything should be character based not just standard. The cats you mentioned? Yes definitely. But they also know when to turn it off. But the sense of humor those three characters have shouldn't be the sense of humor everyone has cause then its just silly or lazy writing to me. And I'm not even saying they've done that, just speaking on shyt in general. Like if Batman is quippy I have an issue with that. He's always been sardonic but he's not quippy or jokey. And when its the end of the world, yeah he's deadly serious. As is Wolverine or Cyclops or Cap. The idea of it being a comic book movie therefore it has to have a certain amount of humor doesn't always work with the characters and can betray those characters in a way. One of the reasons Winter Soldier is so damn dope is because no matter what's happening, we know our main character takes the shyt very seriously and plays it that way.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thor-ragnarok-images-valkyrie.jpg
sXt1fy0.png

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
going again after work, i took two edibles thorsday so i was outta it but still immerssed in the film so i wanna rewatch it more level headed and again just because

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i noticed at my showing they was silent as hell during most of tessa scenes even when she was kicking ass they only laughed once when she first was introduced and ya'll know what happens when shes first introduced . . usually they be oohhhh and awweeee throughout but dead silence on her parts lol and she was kicking ass often so it was a lot of silence

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i noticed at my showing they was silent as hell during most of tessa scenes even when she was kicking ass they only laughed once when she first was introduced and ya'll know what happens when shes first introduced . . usually they be oohhhh and awweeee throughout but dead silence on her parts lol and she was kicking ass often so it was a lot of silence

What do you think that means?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Joint was wack to me. I didn't see the 1st 2 in theaters so I don't know why I thought this would be different. Halfway through I knew I was only staying for the post credit scenes and even those weren't good. I just never got drawn in to the story. Good laughs but that's it. Pegasus scene was dope too.

If Justice League can't top this DC really has a problem.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when she does that model runway walk before fighting made me roll my eyes. Also she didn't play a convincing drunk. She's cute but overall I wasn't feeling her acting

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
when she does that model runway walk before fighting made me roll my eyes. Also she didn't play a convincing drunk. She's cute but overall I wasn't feeling her acting
Tessa sucks and is a tryhard. I cant even finish Creed because of her

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
This movie didn't take itself seriously though. The film is almost a parody and making fun of itself.

This is one mcu film where the humour fit because the humour was the selling point and driving force of the film,in my opinion.

My problem with the humour in other films in the mcu is it undermines how serious it is in other spots within the same film sometimes the same scene and it creates extreme tonal inconsistencies that leave me scratching my head.

This film is played as a comedy start to finish almost so it never bothered me at all.

I think @NobodyReally mentioned having a problem with the scene of asgard being blown up being played for laughs and normally I'd 100% agree but for the tone of this film it made sense.

Where as in say gotg2 that film tries really hard to lay it on thick in drama moments but then use a gag within seconds undermining the tone of the scene and comes off forced and contrived and came off like the film maker was scared to let the scene stand on its own.

But that's me I guess :yeshrug:
I know. They set that tone early. It's just I expect all the jokes and that theme from a Spiderman or a Deadpool movie just not really a Thor movie.