Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
nvr played the games or no any of the lore so im just going off how it looks from a show standpoint. It looks ok. Henry cavill looks ridiculous with that hair and i guess he's channeling his superman role because he looks about as cardboard here as he does in that. Hopefully there's violent fukkery in it and im not bored.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
nvr played the games or no any of the lore so im just going off how it looks from a show standpoint. It looks ok. Henry cavill looks ridiculous with that hair and i guess he's channeling his superman role because he looks about as cardboard here as he does in that. Hopefully there's violent fukkery in it and im not bored.

Geralt doesnt talk THAT much he's meant to be quiet from what I've seen...:manny:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
That looked...good...:ehh:

I still don't like Yen though...

I wasn't too worried about the look of show but the writing for it got me:

full

I hope it's good. Don't have to be prime GOT material.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Don't really like Henry but I'm over it. The Yennifer casting is horrendous though. Can't believe I'm saying this but she should of been cast by a less exotic/ more white looking actress with more lines on her face. This chick looks like she's a Hispanic sophomore in high school.

Here’s an interview. The interviewer is terrible though

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I wasn't too worried about the look of show but the writing for it got me:

full

I hope it's good. Don't have to be prime GOT material.
I was concerned the moment I heard books and not the game...

That just made no sense to me considering the bulk of the interest in this show is from the success of the games...

Then you got the questionable casting and 8 episodes which makes me worry about the budget and quality of the CGI...

But I can't lie, that trailer gave me a little hope...:yeshrug:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I was concerned the moment I heard books and not the game...

That just made no sense to me considering the bulk of the interest in this show is from the success of the games...

Then you got the questionable casting and 8 episodes which makes me worry about the budget and quality of the CGI...

But I can't lie, that trailer gave me a little hope...:yeshrug:

It is better to keep expectations low :mjgrin:

But even with 8 episodes and not the highest budget, it can be compelling. When I watched Last Kingdom I was surprised by how well the acting and plot moved for a show that’s gritty and in the mud.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Cavill is a fan like us... he's read the books and played the games. I think he'll do pretty good

(I hope)

I have never read the books and only know the games but is Geralt meant to be handsome in the books? Because they go out of their way to shyt on his looks several times in the game implying he isn’t meant to be pleasing to the eye.

Also like someone else said they should have catered more to the games vision than the books as that was a majority’s introduction to the characters and lore. Everything and everyone looks so foreign in the show it’s definitely a hard sell for me. Either way I will give it a chance and see if it’s good, I just don’t see Cavill as Geralt.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I wish people stopped complaining about this series using the books and not the games as the source material. We get it, everybody knows The Witcher from the games. Except those who actually read the books, whom I assume are happy that the books will be adapted.

Yeah been seeing lots of comments of ppl saying "why ciri look like that"
:comeon:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The game is still on my backlog, but the trailer definitely has me intrigued even more :ohhh:. The monster angle looks to set it apart from other fantasy shows.