Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This season has been weak as fukk so far

lipstick on a pig, man. im trying to tell people, but they dont want to hear it. "der it's so much better than last season." static is more entertaining than last year. the show/writing hasn't changed all that much, they just moved.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
looked like he was about to have a heart attack while running in the beginning

couldnt of they casted somebody else? he doesnt look too alpha
He just needed to look like a football player. I think they succeeded
People need to stop comparing the comics. I love the comics but you need to get over it already. The comics arent the tv show.
no one's comparing except when asked to

I honestly don't have much recollection about the scenes between Merle, Andrea and Michonne so I can't say about what she gleaned from those conversations. I am just trying to figure out any good reason besides Michonne being a crab as to why she is being so tightlipped about certain things.

As for the Governor, while the show is taking the tact of having him be a charismatic cult-type leader I don't see him as sympathetic in the least. And the heads in jars in a scret locked room inside your house (not in Poindexter's lab or the infirmary) equals crazy town regardless of whether you ae living in the zombie apocalypese or not. And I am liking this version of the Governor...the comic version was a crazy scumbag from the first scene and for the story that the TV show is looking to tell that character would never have worked. So instead we get a less obvious villain who we now get to watch descend into the more depraved person that he was in the comic.

Those soldiers were not threatening him at all. They were a bunch of scared desperate dudes looking for a safe place to live. Rick would have been cautious of them but he wouldn't have just killed them in cold blood.
Those two dudes in the bar were going to kill Rick, Glenn and Herschel if Rick didn't kill them first.
The beating of Randall when he was Rick's prisoner came after Randall was a part of a group that had already shown themselves to be dangerous and even then Rick still saved him from being eaten by zombies.

And maybe its just me but I don't find anything about the Governor sympathetic. there was no reason to massacre those National Guard guys, or chop off the one dudes head before he even became a zombie and the way he was all anxious asking Merle about Michonne's head was like a junkie wanting a fix. the dude has been shown as enough of a megalomanical freak for me to consider him a villain.
The TV show has made the Governor a more complicated and nuanced character but I am not confused as to whether he is a villain or not.

Since I'm typing from a tablet I'll keep this short. I agree with most of your points...but if Mich doesn't know she's either dumb deaf or blind.

As far as those national guard guys...we know nothing about them. Not knowing of a reason to murk them don't mean there isn't one.
It's not like he invited them, pretended to be cordial, chopped the leaders hand off and threatened to feed them to his pet zombies.

:mjpls:

As far as apocalypse etiquette is concerned, killing any nearby threats before you know they're a threat is established as acceptable. Particularly if you have a good setup like Woodbury

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Since I'm typing from a tablet I'll keep this short. I agree with most of your points...but if Mich doesn't know she's either dumb deaf or blind.

As far as those national guard guys...we know nothing about them. Not knowing of a reason to murk them don't mean there isn't one.
It's not like he invited them, pretended to be cordial, chopped the leaders hand off and threatened to feed them to his pet zombies.

:mjpls:

As far as apocalypse etiquette is concerned, killing any nearby threats before you know they're a threat is established as acceptable. Particularly if you have a good setup like Woodbury

You are reaching, bruh.
The National Guard dudes were exactly what they were shown to be: a bunch of weekend warriors who were in over their heads and desperate for a "safe" place to live. And The Governor ambushed and killed them because he is a lunatic who is scared shytless that someone could conceivably appear more capable than him and undermine his quest to king of his own little piece of the zombie apocalypse.
And no he didn't invite them but they also didn't come storming to Woodbury either...their coptor crashed. But he did fake being cordial with the guy whose head he ended up chopping off by promising him he'd be safe and that his men could come live in Woodbury in an attempt to get the location of the rest of the National Guard guys.
And your zombie apocalypse survival handbook is missing some pages if you think The Governor was or is justified in his behavior. By your rule book Rick and them should have all been shot full of buckshot the second they showed up at the farm and Carl should have killed Tyreese's crew.

On the Michonne subject the show is going to have to do something to explain her behavior then because there is no reason for her to be so stingy with info.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
I need to cop the game, all the episodes are out now right? I've been waiting for them all to be released so I could have them all and playthrough without hassle.

:pachaha:

SCUST @ Tyrese being the new Doctor Who.

they all come out on one disc december 4th.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
How come there's basically a quota for one black guy at a time on this show?

They kill T-Dog right when the prisoner comes in. Now they kill him right when Tyrese is added?

smh

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

They kill T-Dog right when the prisoner comes in. Now they kill him right when Tyrese is added?

smh

:russ: This show is on some Highlander steez. Once a nikka gets killed a new nikka takes his place and there's some power transference going on. Each new black dude is more effective and stronger than the last.

There can only be one,

YBE

Banned
Daps

smh

Its just a coincidence...T-Dogg and Oscar were dissatisfied by the lack of screen time & wanted to explore other opportunities :mjpls: