Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Guys, they leave the plantation after the first episode. Y'all are overreacting like shyt. :russ:

I read the novel 2-3 years ago, I knew the show would get off the ground after the (admittedly rough) 1st episode. Barry is really the only director who could've done this story justice. He's got the visual know how to make it look gorgeous in parts, and he's got the sensibility not to let the trauma define the main characters.
Do tell black people how we are overreacting, from your Caucasian viewpoint? And what did you think about Nate Parker’s Birth of a Nation or this version of Underground?:

61Tq30QSkYL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I’ll wait right here
giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Welp- we know how “hey guys, hey bros, you know they left the plantation... “ overecacking feels about Django
Putting white racial slurs in would've been too forced. Django doesn't do much talking to non-whites in the movie (assuming he wouldn't dare call a white man a honky to their face), so there wasn't much opportunity for it anyway.
:mjtf:
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm not, but I really don't give two shyts what that dude thinks. I have thousands of posts on here, if it takes 3 out of context posts to convince yourself I'm a cac then so be it.
Ok “guy” - you ain’t black. That’s facts. Let me stop bc I know how your type of people like to report me on this side of the equator when I bring up questionable racial identity and post coorelation unappreciation.
Anyone who's ever worked a telemarketing or sales job will tell you it's a lot easier using a "white" voice.

white man's way of saying tough break nikka.
You have no business telling us what we’re “overreacting”
To when it pertains to Black American history film representation.
:comeon:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Do tell black people how we are overreacting, from your Caucasian viewpoint? And what did you think about Nate Parker’s Birth of a Nation or this version of Underground?:

61Tq30QSkYL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I’ll wait right here
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't have WGN so I never saw Underground. I remember seeing they cast John Legend as Frederick Douglass and that kinda dissuaded me from seeing it on streaming.

I rented Birth of a Nation a few years back. It's good, like a 3.5/5. For a directorial debut it's actually pretty damn good, and it's the main reason I sought out American Skin (that was not so good). There's some visual imagery stuff (like in Underground Railroad) that's really good, but the end with the whole Christ allegory stuff at the end that's a bit shaky.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cac-Asian poster clearly identified as a white person, trying to tell us what to think - and using the word “n—a”, FYI bc I already know he will ghost the thread. Since it’s taking him 10 minutes to answer a simple yes or no “are you black” question.

Yo, if I'm the Asian dude, and that hand went down like that in the Wild West, I woulda shot that nigga. No question.

Just have a seat and shut the fukk up. You don't have to be Asian to see that Lin could play. The fact that he's a starting guard in the NBA means he always had game. College scouts and coaches just fukked up not giving him a schollie. They missed out on Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard too.

Just have a seat and shut the fukk up. You don't have to be Asian to see that Lin could play. The fact that he's a starting guard in the NBA means he always had game. College scouts and coaches just fukked up not giving him a schollie. They missed out on Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard too.
I just don't get why a person of another race getting some shine makes you so mad. Did an Asian grocer molest you as a child? :lolbron:
Did some Asian take your girl? :russ:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Are you black, yes or no?? I dare you to lie- please do.

If you look in the football thread in the Coliseum, I've mentioned being part Ghanaian. But again, if you don't believe me, then Godspeed. I won't lose sleep either way. Im watching this show because I'm a fan of the novel and I've been supporting Barry Jenkins since Medicine for Melancholy.

As long as Ghana has that defense the US will have a chance. That said, I'm maintaining neutrality just like I did 4 years ago. Family tried to sway me but I wouldn't budge.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you look in the football thread in the Coliseum, I've mentioned being part Ghanaian. But again, if you don't believe me, then Godspeed. I won't lose sleep either way. Im watching this show because I'm a fan of the novel and I've been supporting Barry Jenkins since Medicine for Melancholy.
Part Ghanaian - what’s the other part?? Just stop while you’re behind. Gotdammnnn - simple yes or no question turned into a multi- part play of Benetton proportions.
:mjlol::deadmanny:
If it takes you over 30 mins to answer are you black or cac, with posts about nothing but white and Asian glorification. You are not in any position to tell Black Americans what to overreact to. Like I said- I know you weren’t black at “guys they left the plantation ..” and your “people of color” comment.
:comeon:
He’s white as fuk^^sick of you liars.
Why can't he tell a story using slavery though? Because he's white? Slavery isn't just part of black history; it's part of American history.
Also Sick of non-black people co-opting when they have no right or the connection to. Let US discuss and decide what we want to see promoted among us, for us, by us.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Part Ghanaian - what’s the other part?? Just stop while you’re behind. Gotdammnnn - simple yes or no question turned into a multi- part play.
:mjlol::deadmanny:

You and I know answering yes or no is not going to end this. I already gave you evidence. Posting about the Ghana national team if I'm white for the last 8 years or so is a mad cover considering they haven't done anything of note for the last decade besides bomb out of 2 World Cups in excruciating fashion.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You and I know answering yes or no is not going to end this. I already gave you evidence. Posting about the Ghana national team if I'm white for the last 8 years or so is a mad cover considering they haven't done anything of note for the last decade besides bomb out of 2 World Cups in excruciating fashion.
That doesn’t mean a damn thing to me. Way too much avoidance and deflection. All that did was confirm that you’re not Black or Black American. Which also means that you’re not in a position to tell black people our opinion about slave movies.

Dude stop the cacsplaining and capping - it has now taken you over 40 minutes to answer a simple ‘yes or no’, without the multiple choice responses and essay answers. What’s your other “part” ??
:jbhmm::beli:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:skip:
That doesn’t mean a damn thing to me. Way too much avoidance and deflection.

Dude stop the cacsplaining and capping - it has now taken you over 40 minutes to answer a simple ‘yes or no’, without the multiple choice responses and essay answers. What’s your other “part” ??
:jbhmm::beli:

Jamaican. But I was born in Philadelphia.