Official The Suicide Squad Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So is it a reboot or not

It is and it isn't :troll:

Best way I could describe this is like when a new writer comes on a book like I'm gonna be writing Hawkeye #35-#89 or some shyt. I can use past history and continuity but I'm not going to be tied down into fitting every little piece into an overarching story.. I'm gonna worry about my own arc.

Suicide Squad had a lot of runs like this, members were interchangeable. So some will be the same but most will be different and James Gunn will likely reference a couple things from the past but it's his own story.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
My main concern and hope is that they make these guys true villains. The last film none of the crew were really "bad" people. Deadshot was just a single father trying to make some money so he and his daughter could get away. Diablo was a gangbanger who just wanted to be left alone. Harley was just crazy. Croc was just a dumb brute. Boomerang was the only one who was really a villain but the most villainous thing he did was betray his partner before being caught by The Flash.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
My main concern and hope is that they make these guys true villains. The last film none of the crew were really "bad" people. Deadshot was just a single father trying to make some money so he and his daughter could get away. Diablo was a gangbanger who just wanted to be left alone. Harley was just crazy. Croc was just a dumb brute. Boomerang was the only one who was really a villain but the most villainous thing he did was betray his partner before being caught by The Flash.

To be fair, they really can't be true "Villains" due to the fact that they are forced to do whatever or risk being blown up. Waller gonna be blowing up people left and right looking at the cast list :mjlol:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
So is it a reboot or not
Sequel that is going to basically revamp the whole thing. Think how Thor Ragnarok is a sequel to the first two, but is obviously a very different movie in tone and style.

Same thing here. They're keeping what worked, dumping what didn't, adding, and moving on.

Last edited:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
For some reason without Will Smith i just can’t get hype for this. He carried that first movie on his shoulders alongside Robbie’s Harley.

Idris will probably be dope but he doesn’t have the “fun factor” of Will

Yup will and margret carried movie one. I torrent this one unless the trailer blows me away

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-02.jpg

the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-03.jpg

the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-04.jpg

the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-05.jpg

the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-06.jpg

the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-07.jpg

the-suicide-squad-cast-set-photos-09.jpg