Official The Expanse Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It was pretty good. They changed... quite a bit from the books, but ironically for the better.

S2 was always gonna be the real decider for the series imo.

They did a great job with Miller losing his fukking mind towards the end.
what exactly did they change?

shyt was kinda confusing to me.Was that thing a bio weapon or some kind of alien?

also is earth or mars behind this shyt or is it some players on both sides working together?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Julie's father. It looks like that UNN dude and him are behind it.
what side is her father on though?

i couldve sworn earlier in the season they said Julie was a rich kid from Mars but her pops is down on Earth

also dude who offed himself was from/working for Mars and i guess he built or designed whatever the bio weapon thing is but hes down on Earth too

its a little confusing knowing what side these people are on

Is there anybody actually on Mars?

why didnt they show Mars the entire season?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
what side is her father on though?
I think Julie's father is just a crazy CEO working with the corrupt UNN dude.

i couldve sworn earlier in the season they said Julie was a rich kid from Mars but her pops is down on Earth.
Julie is an Earther, she doesn't like her pops so she went OPA.

also dude who offed himself was from/working for Mars and i guess he built or designed whatever the bio weapon thing is but hes down on Earth too
The dude who offed himself is an Earther but sympathizes with Mars, I think he had working relations with Mars as well until Avasarala screwed that up.

its a little confusing knowing what side these people are on
From what I gather:
Avasarala = Earth, UNN but she's one of the good guys
Fred Johnson = OPA but a good guy
Saddavir = Earth, UNN but a bad guy working with Mao
Jules Mao = Motive/Alliance unclear but working with Earth and is the main villain

Is there anybody actually on Mars?
Yeah, there's domes on Mars, I think they showed it once.

why didnt they show Mars the entire season?
I'm thinking Mars gets more focus next season.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
what exactly did they change?

shyt was kinda confusing to me.Was that thing a bio weapon or some kind of alien?

also is earth or mars behind this shyt or is it some players on both sides working together?
a ton of stuff. miller and his partner were on different terms

julie's dad was in prison, not directly in charge of the weird shyt

a ton of the earth stuff

the cant and the survivors are a bit different...

but it all works out for the better for TV imo. nothing to dwell on. not about to Game of Thrones this shyt either

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the finale and I guess I'm the outlier, but the sum of the parts didn't add up to a compelling whole for me. Going into it, I was anticipating the series but none of the characters really grabbed me and the overall mystery didn't leave me :gladbron:.

The whole mystery involving Julie Mao and why Miller was so obsessed with her didn't fully resonate with me. Maybe in the books it comes across better, but you could tell when they finally discover her body it is supposed to be this major moment (at least for Miller), but kinda left me :yeshrug:. I got that she represented more to him, but didn't fully come across to me.

Earth scenes were mostly political maneuvering, but lacked the writing/dialogue of say GOT where someone like Littlefinger or Varys shines in their scenes.

Holden and his crew was the best part for me. Amos was a real G :salute:, always had Naomi's back. Definitely looked like Naomi was feeling Holden and she has or had ties to the OPA. Alex was cool too as the pilot. Once again it seems like Holden and his team are a group of people who know the truth, which seems to be a collection of people (headed up by Julies dad) separate from Earth or Mars either discovered or engineered the blue goo and are testing it out as some kind of experiment. Also while trying to set up a war between Earth/Mars/OPA while operating in the shadows. I'm guessing season 2 will delve deeper into what exactly, while Holden and his squad try to expose the truth.

Not sure I will be back though, the series was dense like GOT with a lot of characters and sections being juggled, but for me didn't have the compelling characters, acting, or leave you anticipating the next episode like GOT does.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Its always about Holder's crew. Miller just isn't shyt unless the scene involves the OPA leader.

Gonna give it love when S2 drops. They got nowhere to go but up. Plus I'm a fiend for sci-fi like this

Yep, I'm all the way in for this. Looking forward to seeing Miller and Amos blow off some more heads. :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I though it was a great setup for next season. I'm glad most of the cast is in one place, other than GoT I'm not usually a huge fan of shows that cut to and from unrelated scenes too often.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The Belter accent seemed weird at first but it really grew on. That last scene with Miller at the docks was FLAMES

"When you gonna rise up Belter? WHEN YOU GONNA RISE UPP!"

:banderas::banderas:

It was cold how he shot dude in the face when he pretended to hold the elevator for him... :mjlol: