Official The Expanse Thread

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
For those that like this show, did any of you have trouble getting in to it? I tried to watch it twice a while back and never made it past the 1st episode. Been watching the last week and I'm on episode 7 of the first season and I'm still barely interested at all. Just wondering if anything changes/kicks up, etc before I give up on it since its also so highly spoke of

Ezra

Daps
For those that like this show, did any of you have trouble getting in to it? I tried to watch it twice a while back and never made it past the 1st episode. Been watching the last week and I'm on episode 7 of the first season and I'm still barely interested at all. Just wondering if anything changes/kicks up, etc before I give up on it since its also so highly spoke of
I read the books so I was all in from the beginning. The comparison to GoT is dumb. However like GoT, there are a ton of characters and locations. Part of the struggle is learning who is who and where is where. After that it gets better. I’d at least watch through s01. And a few into s02 before making a final decision to tap out.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would at finish through season one. There's a lot of worldbuilding in the show (like the books) that has to be set up to really digest the story. I think if you're not feeling it after that then check out.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Season 1 is just a rough start no matter how you cut it.

I think towards the end I was definitely more engaged, but from S2 and on its been my favorite running sci fi show ever since.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Its a really good show.

Alot of us really enjoy it.

But this may not be for you. Which is fine. I dont want you to feel pressured or obligated. We appreciate your minor contributions up to this point but you're good and we're good.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
It picks up in season 2 you just have to get through season 1

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I was having trouble getting into it when the main cast were separated from each other. You're just reaching the point where the cast will start to come together from now on. It gets better from here.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I struggled with the first season. Didn’t manage to get into it until the back end of that first season and suddenly the show became one of the greatest sci-fi shows and one of my favorites overall. It was a weird shift but when it clicked, it really clicked.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Season 1 is pretty much a world building season and it's crucial to pay attention so you don't get lost with the many factions, politics, and space physics. Me being a sci-fi head I liked it from the jump but IMO it does get much better after.

The show was almost canceled during it's best season and a lot of fans (coli brehs included) raised money in GoFundMe put up petitions and got some celebrity support from people like Patton Oswalt and George RR Martin. They even got a plane to fly over Amazon HQ with a hashtag banner to save the show. You don't put in all that work for a weak series.

source.gif

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I tied this show when season 1 was still a new thing and hated it. Can anyone give a general break down of what this show is about without spoiling it?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I tied this show when season 1 was still a new thing and hated it. Can anyone give a general break down of what this show is about without spoiling it?
Ever play the "Mass Effect" games?
The show very slowly builds into something like a prequel to the state of the solar system at the moment that the first "relay" was discovered.