Official The Expanse Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OT but why does alex have sort of a texas drawl when he speaks?

his character is martian so that wouldn’t account for it…and in real life he’s from canada…it’s a little odd

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean why does Bobbie sound like she is from Australia/New Zealand when she is a Martian?

but she’s REALLY from new zealand so there’s a legitimate explanation for it…that’s why I took my time and also pointed out the actor is from canada…in his case, there’s seemingly no explanation for it

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
OT but why does alex have sort of a texas drawl when he speaks?

his character is martian so that wouldn’t account for it…and in real life he’s from canada…it’s a little odd
r4qdpbbep0511.jpg

immigrant nostalgia appropriation

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
but she’s REALLY from new zealand so there’s a legitimate explanation for it…that’s why I took my time and also pointed out the actor is from canada…in his case, there’s seemingly no explanation for it
Maybe that's what the show writers wanted him to sound like. Idk, being born and raised in Texas he doesn't sound like any Texan I've ever heard.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe that's what the show writers wanted him to sound like. Idk, being born and raised in Texas he doesn't sound like any Texan I've ever heard.

it doesn’t sound authentic…it sounds like a foreigner’s rendition of what a cowboy would sound like…maybe I should’ve said that instead of “texas” drawl…but @Marks provided a perfect explanation…the accent definitely seemed intentional but I couldn’t figure out why he was using it