Official The Expanse Thread

Daps
In my head, the Ukraine Russia talks are gonna be full of tough talk, thinly veiled threats, and insults like the Mars Earth talks.

I just need one Ukrainian brehette with a Marlboro voice to say "wherever I god-damn please":wow::wow::wow:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Took me like 5 attempts to get into this show. I just couldn't get past the first few episodes as I didn't like the Belter scenes at first but, once I forced myself to watch, it became piff :ohlawd: and the Belters became my favorite out of the factions on the show :mjlol: Cant believe I slept on this show for years. Only good thing is I just finished Season Two and got four seasons left to binge.

I’m on my second attempt now. Definitely seems like my type of show but just having a tough time getting through the first season. Gonna try to fight through it though

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm reading book 8 right now and I've no idea how it would work as a TV season. It's both extremely slow and extremely ambitious all at once - it would require a huge budget but also a lot of screen time with the main characters not doing much of anything.

As an aside I really enjoyed Book 7 - and Book 8 so far - but there is a lot of plot contrivance after entering into the stories; far more so than the earlier books.

Daps
I'm reading book 8 right now and I've no idea how it would work as a TV season. It's both extremely slow and extremely ambitious all at once - it would require a huge budget but also a lot of screen time with the main characters not doing much of anything.

As an aside I really enjoyed Book 7 - and Book 8 so far - but there is a lot of plot contrivance after entering into the stories; far more so than the earlier books.

So is it a good story?

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I’m on my second attempt now. Definitely seems like my type of show but just having a tough time getting through the first season. Gonna try to fight through it though
Suffers from the same thing as Black Sails. The first season pretty much all setup and build mode.

Daps
Suffers from the same thing as Black Sails. The first season pretty much all setup and build mode.

I think all great shows are like this to an extent. Thats how GOT was too.

It took me 6 or 7 months to get through the first episode of GOT cause every time I tried to watch it, I was bored. And I'm someone who LOVES medieval shows.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kind of, but in a lot of ways the first season isn't overly relevant to what happens later on, besides being a very slow intro into the protomolecule.

Daps
Kind of, but in a lot of ways the first season isn't overly relevant to what happens later on, besides being a very slow intro into the protomolecule.

S1 is relevant to the entire series, breh. It introduces the characters, lays out the factions, gives you backstory to why all the factions hate each other.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Zurik always snaps with these edits and finally did one for the whole series:

He's done a couple but this one he did after it was cancelled was

:wow:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
It's gonna be awhile. Part of the problem is doing scifi/fantasy shows "right" is prohibitively expensive. By the end of GoT every episode was costing them an indie movie budget (like 7-10 mill an ep) and they were shooting on like 4 continents per season. When they cut corners you fukking felt it (all the dorne shyt for example). Scifi problem is you gotta actually build a lot of the sets/locations on top of all the CGI you probably gonna need.

Expanse probably tripled their budget just going to Amazon and you can tell almost immediately they had more to work with lol. Even subtle shyt like camera movement and lighting was way better.