Official The Batman Thread

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
The first hour dragged, but once it picked up and maintained that pace it becomes very cerebral. It was dope to see the master detective aspect in a Batman film.

I am glad I waited for this at home though.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm curious as to what they do with the joker. But yeah I don't think he should be the main villain till part 3. Just have him be like Hannibal Lechter in manhunter till he breaks loose and unleashes pure anarchy.

Doubt he'll show up until later, I can see this storyline being next based on the ending

107105.jpg

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Yep, finished it earlier. I give it a strong 7/7.5. Liked the detective aspect of it, reminded me of Arkham. Loved the car chase sequence. When that shyt revved up for the first time... lmao :ooh: . So yea, nothing offensively bad about the movie and I'd certainly rank it above Begins as far as first installments go. Just don't think it's touching either Dark Knight. Pattison is a good Batman but his Bruce was straight up depressing. I suppose that was the point though. Can't believe Colin Farrell was Penguin, didn't recognize him at all.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
im still not over the mental image of this scrawny ass batman lol like he just looks so non-intimidating to me.

He just gave me school shooter vibes
:mjlol: Not "school shooter vibes" lmao. He was definitely very...emo/nihilistic. They were even playing Nirvana so I'm guessing that was the intent. I think Affleck was great but Pattison ain't too bad.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I just watched and I have to watch again to understand the ending.
from my understanding riddler won; the bombs went off and shyt and the city was flooded

martha Wayne needs a movie shyt sounded like season 2 of American horror story with the asylum arc. Also didn’t know she was an Arkham and their backstory.

Cat woman was dope. Alfred was too.

My nephew said this was based on Year One?
8.75/10

third best in the canon

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: Not "school shooter vibes" lmao. He was definitely very...emo/nihilistic. They were even playing Nirvana so I'm guessing that was the intent. I think Affleck was great but Pattison ain't too bad.

I think if they really gave Affleck a good dark knight returns type movie of his own he would have killed it. Too bad they had him jumping around making corny ass jokes in the Snyder movies and looking like a fighter pilot.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
3 hour runtime = Coli brehs doing everything except paying attention :dead:
You gonna have to expound on that. I was paying attention lmao. What did I miss?

I think if they really gave Affleck a good dark knight returns type movie of his own he would have killed it. Too bad they had him jumping around making corny ass jokes in the Snyder movies and looking like a fighter pilot.
Affleck definitely got the short end of the stick. He was legit a good Batman even with the laughable material he had to work with. Probably the closest we've come to a live action TAS. I wasn't feeling Bale's voice as trivial as that might be.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You gonna have to expound on that. I was paying attention lmao. What did I miss?

Affleck definitely got the short end of the stick. He was legit a good Batman even with the laughable material he had to work with. Probably the closest we've come to a live action TAS. I wasn't feeling Bale's voice as trivial as that might be.

batman-why-did-you-say-that-name.gif