Official The Batman Thread

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I'm down. Ben has slowly been making a great comeback in the last 5 years. He seems committed to his work and doesn't half ass anything he does. Should be great for DC/Batman fans. As much as we love Nolan's Batman trilogy. Bale's Batman character could easily be topped by Affleck's by just his voice alone which was what people hated about Bale's character.

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You wouldn't?
I personally do have Batman fatigue. I mean is he this interesting?! I didn't read much DC growing up but a lot of people tell me DC is dope, but if they are so dope why do they they keep presenting the public with one Batman story after another? Shyt, they are marginalizing Supes for more Bats now. Who was their long time leading hero.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I personally do have Batman fatigue. I mean is he this interesting?! I didn't read much DC growing up but a lot of people tell me DC is dope, but if they are so dope why do they they keep presenting the public with one Batman story after another? Shyt, they are marginalizing Supes for more Bats now. Who was their long time leading hero.

To answer the last question: he's the most popular or second most popular superhero in the world. So they're going to keep making batman movies because he's as known and as big as Mickey Mouse of bugs bunny

And there are plenty stories to tell. That's why the comics for all of these characters keep going today. These stories have been told since the 30s or 60s in a lot of cases so that's decades worth of expansion, redesign, remodeling, etc. so as a filmmaker you can do the same thing.

Superman has been marginalized because batman is more popular lol plain and simple. Money talks.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
To answer the last question: he's the most popular or second most popular superhero in the world. So they're going to keep making batman movies because he's as known and as big as Mickey Mouse of bugs bunny

And there are plenty stories to tell. That's why the comics for all of these characters keep going today. These stories have been told since the 30s or 60s in a lot of cases so that's decades worth of expansion, redesign, remodeling, etc. so as a filmmaker you can do the same thing.

Superman has been marginalized because batman is more popular lol plain and simple. Money talks.
Does this fact speak to the rest of the DC Universe not being all that compelling if they bypass it to tell more Batman stories? Who is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and then the 6th man of DC's roster of heroes? Is it the other Justice League cats or someone else?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot

Also Batman and Spiderman (most popular) both have origin stories that people love and can relate to. Superman not so much. Superman has a God like complex where as Bruce and Peter are a lot more down to earth and relatable. Superman just comes off as a dikk sometimes. Although I grew up on Louis and Clark the series, I always thought Supes was a douche for walking around in plain sight like "I can't be Superman cause I'm wearing this suit and glasses." where as Peter and Bruce kept their identities under wraps a lot better. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Based on what your "broad exquisite taste"?:bryan:

Based on the fact that Ben Affleck has never been able to portray anything other than the 'average guy' character convincingly. Dude has extremely limited range so unless he has managed to dig up some dormant acting skill and rises above himself, I'm not expecting anything from his performance.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Does this fact speak to the rest of the DC Universe not being all that compelling if they bypass it to tell more Batman stories? Who is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and then the 6th man of DC's roster of heroes? Is it the other Justice League cats or someone else?

They're very compelling breh. Extremely. That's why flash is a hit show and arrow is a hit show and why the justice league cartoons were hit shows. The problem with studios is they're very superstitious about wading in those waters. Marvel was the first one to take a character who was not A list at all and release a big budget movie with him in it. They've taken characters who were very interesting and made them A list when in reality all of them except hulk and cap were B or C list characters in terms of popularity and the food chain. But that was because they farmed out their most popular characters so it was out of necessity. DC is playing catch up right now but superman is interesting as is Wonder Woman and aquaman and the green lantern corp and at least two flashes. Even hawkgirl can be made interesting.

I said it before and I'll say it again: there are no bad characters just bad writers. So let's see what they cook up with the Wonder Woman movie and the aquaman movie and the flash movie

Also Batman and Spiderman (most popular) both have origin stories that people love and can relate to. Superman not so much. Superman has a God like complex where as Bruce and Peter are a lot more down to earth and relatable. Superman just comes off as a dikk sometimes. Although I grew up on Louis and Clark the series, I always thought Supes was a douche for walking around in plain sight like "I can't be Superman cause I'm wearing this suit and glasses." where as Peter and Bruce kept their identities under wraps a lot better. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now.

I used to feel the same way about him but when I re watched JL and JLU I changed my tune. There's something very interesting about a guy who just wants to do the right thing and fights every urge to go against that. He's interesting because he has his own internal struggles that he barely shows because he can't. He can't cut loose. He can't say how he really feels. He can't do the things or say the things someone else can because he's got this tremendous burden on his shoulders. And because he truly believes in the best in people (except lex) and the best in the world and wants to be the change he wants to see. I agree that Peter and Bruce are infinitely more relatable but I really do find superman to be an interesting guy now because I get the inner conflict. Bruce Timm showed me the light

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Listen to the fans, Ben. We want Nolans shyt but a little more "unrealistic", if you get what I'm saying.

If a "Batman" exists, he has to exist in world where we can suspend belief. I mean one of his best friends is fukking Superman, a being from another planet.

Don't try to do too much...the shyt writes ITSELF

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who would you said was first?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I used to feel the same way about him but when I re watched JL and JLU I changed my tune. There's something very interesting about a guy who just wants to do the right thing and fights every urge to go against that. He's interesting because he has his own internal struggles that he barely shows because he can't. He can't cut loose. He can't say how he really feels. He can't do the things or say the things someone else can because he's got this tremendous burden on his shoulders. And because he truly believes in the best in people (except lex) and the best in the world and wants to be the change he wants to see. I agree that Peter and Bruce are infinitely more relatable but I really do find superman to be an interesting guy now because I get the inner conflict. Bruce Timm showed me the light
Yea but being an interesting character in the comics and portraying that interesting character on film are two different things. Only Reeves was able to do that imo. Thats why all the Superman roles have been pretty dull since Reeves. Batman can still be a great movie with a shytty Batman jus cause of the classic stories, villans, gadgets, batmobile and gotham city. Superman has very little appeal if you dont remember the old movies and comics. Mind you I dont read comics and love Batman.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea but being an interesting character in the comics and portraying that interesting character on film are two different things. Only Reeves was able to do that imo. Thats why all the Superman roles have been pretty dull since Reeves. Batman can still be a great movie with a shytty Batman jus cause of the classic stories, villans, gadgets, batmobile and gotham city. Superman has very little appeal if you dont remember the old movies and comics. Mind you I dont read comics and love Batman.

Hm well I just disagree breh. I'm not saying you're wrong because obviously what's interesting to you is a personal thing and there's nothing I can say or do to change that He appeals to me for the reasons I stated I can't speak for anyone else