Official The Batman Thread

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that but Sony Pictures already came out and said they won't drop any 200 million dollar movies until COVID is over. I don't see why more studios take this approach I can easily see even more movies getting pushed back into 2022 or even 2023. I'm sure Wonder Woman 84 is getting another release date announcement into 2021 within the coming days.

Sony Won't 'Make the Mistake' of Releasing a $200 Million Movie Until More Theaters Reopen

question has to be ask though. what happens if covid out lasts theaters being able to stay in business :dwillhuh:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
68QdZvr.png

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
they may have to bite the bullet and $30 it on VOD.

But they got to switch that shyt to own on day one.

yeah it has to be Purchase to Own on launch day, but regardless within 24 hours its gonna all be on free sites so there's that lol. I won't be shocked if the days of the big money blockbuster is over and we got back to lower budget films that are actually good and thought out. Joker only cost 55 million. We honestly dont need a bunch of these 300 million dollar movies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yeah it has to be Purchase to Own on launch day, but regardless within 24 hours its gonna all be on free sites so there's that lol. I won't be shocked if the days of the big money blockbuster is over and we got back to lower budget films that are actually good and thought out. Joker only cost 55 million. We honestly dont need a bunch of these 300 million dollar movies.
You don't need to go to a theater for low budget movies that don't have impressive FX. People will stay home and stream similar content, not go to the movies for it. No Blockbusters = No reason to go to the theater basically.
Blockbusters may be over for as long as the virus is around and still a stigma to large gatherings. That won't last forever but for the time being yeah no need to make them.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lawd: good becuase im tired of high budget remakes. give me some original shyt. pretty much every entertainment industry has been lazy with just throwin money at shiney shyt and not providing a true original experience high quality or not

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They really should just say the release date is TBD on all of these movies until this country gets to a point where we might have a handle on COVID.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You don't need to go to a theater for low budget movies that don't have impressive FX. People will stay home and stream similar content, not go to the movies for it. No Blockbusters = No reason to go to the theater basically.
Blockbusters may be over for as long as the virus is around and still a stigma to large gatherings. That won't last forever but for the time being yeah no need to make them.

not really. Certain movies are actual experiences, when you're viewing with alot of people. Horror Movies in particular also Creed for example had a 35mill budget, and seeing it opening weekend in a theater with alot of people, it was legit like seeing a real boxing fight because the audience was so into it. You simply can't recreate that experience at home. I understand alot of dudes are loners, or don't like being around people, but nah.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:lawd: good becuase im tired of high budget remakes. give me some original shyt. pretty much every entertainment industry has been lazy with just throwin money at shiney shyt and not providing a true original experience high quality or not

yeah I hope this finally sparks some damn creativity. A24 seems to be the only ones putting out fresh content.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
not really. Certain movies are actual experiences, when you're viewing with alot of people. Horror Movies in particular also Creed for example had a 35mill budget, and seeing it opening weekend in a theater with alot of people, it was legit like seeing a real boxing fight because the audience was so into it. You simply can't recreate that experience at home. I understand alot of dudes are loners, or don't like being around people, but nah.
Nothing lends to the theater experience than a blockbuster movie tho. That's why TFA now End Game are the highest grossing movies ever.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I understand the move. I think Dune's move is because they want to go back and reshoot some things. It looks INCREDIBLE. But I have a feeling they're nervous, knowing there isn't that much action in Dune's story. They might go back and add more action to Dune.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
They are only announcing the dates because they have to let the other studios know what weekend they are locking up. Studios don't want to go head-to-head with their blockbusters. I know nothing is guaranteed but that's the thought behind it.

Also, I see Dune is moved into October 1st which makes more sense because I think it's done filming and will be ready to go (probably is already done).
The amount of blockbusters coming out next year guarantees head to head match-ups...if we can actually go to a theater or if it'll even be open:francis: