Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just want Court of Owls:mjcry:Before I die:mjcry:
You know what just hit me as soon as you said that? The inherit issue with adapting that storyline is its ending. Movie audiences aren’t good with ambiguity. At least that kind of ambiguity. They’d want a definitive answer and that arc doesn’t give one. Bruce basically says “meh it doesn’t matter”

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Damn seeing this got me kinda feeling sorry for supes, smh. But yea liking what I’m hearing and seeing so far.

For a Supes Reboot I would pull the same card here. Have him already as Superman for like 3+ years, Lois is his gf or wife and he works at the Daily Planet. Hell I would throw in Kara and have her living with Martha on the farm while she attends High School. Have it be a team-up film with Supes/Kara vs ______

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
You know what just hit me as soon as you said that? The inherit issue with adapting that storyline is its ending. Movie audiences aren’t good with ambiguity. At least that kind of ambiguity. They’d want a definitive answer and that arc doesn’t give one. Bruce basically says “meh it doesn’t matter”
Trur and that's why you get your Hollywood and give it one....or go ballsy and keep it ambiguous :ehh:Get the computers putin

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Trur and that's why you get your Hollywood and give it one....or go ballsy and keep it ambiguous :ehh:Get the computers putin

Ambiguous endings work well if they done right (Inception, WATCHMEN TV Series). I'd love Court of Owls but I love Long Halloween too which this seems to be taking from on some level...

I need this trailer soon :wow:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ambiguous endings work well if they done right (Inception, WATCHMEN TV Series). I'd love Court of Owls but I love Long Halloween too which this seems to be taking from on some level...

I need this trailer soon :wow:
Yeah inception works because it’s emotionally fulfilling for the character on screen. He’s happy. Bruce doesn’t give a shyt lol. That’s my thing. He truly doesn’t care at the end of it. He’s content either way. It’s easy to be okay with ambiguity if the characters have reached catharsis, better or worse, but Bruce’s kinda “well if they did it that’s cool if they didn’t do it that’s also cool” mentality at the end would have people throwing produce.

That arc was less about the owls and more about Bruce learning something new about a city he thought he knew everything about.

An ambiguous ending that works from Snyder’s run is the death of the family. Joker possibly finds out Batman’s identity but says he doesn’t care. It’s not important. If you ended on that note people get mad. But if you end on the bat family being broken and trust thrown out the window and Bruce trying to figure out how to fix shyt and how to move forward? Then you got something dope.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
An ambiguous ending that works from Snyder’s run is the death of the family. Joker possibly finds out Batman’s identity but says he doesn’t care. It’s not important. If you ended on that note people get mad. But if you end on the bat family being broken and trust thrown out the window and Bruce trying to figure out how to fix shyt and how to move forward? Then you got something dope.

Death in the Family is dope as fukk but WB seems to like to cater to the old school fans more lately ever since some people flipped their shyt because Man of Steel wasn't like the Donner Supermans.

I just want a great story wherever it comes from.. people need to understand Batman and Superman been around since the 30's there's no such thing as "My Batman" etc.. :pachaha:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Death in the Family is dope as fukk but WB seems to like to cater to the old school fans more lately ever since some people flipped their shyt because Man of Steel wasn't like the Donner Supermans.

I just want a great story wherever it comes from.. people need to understand Batman and Superman been around since the 30's there's no such thing as "My Batman" etc.. :pachaha:
Nah I feel that. I’m just using that as an example of an ambiguous ending that would work and one that wouldn’t. At least as currently constructed

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Would love to see villains like the Royal Flush Gang. Would also love to see the Bat Family on the screen.

One day we'll get Terry and old Bruce. :mjcry:

I mean if they gonna introduce all these villains around Gotham they might as well start introducing the Bat Family too :ehh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Batman: Everything We Know About Robert Pattinson's Bruce Wayne

In Batman Begins, Christian Bale’s Bruce Wayne celebrates his 30th birthday in the midst of his first case as the world’s greatest detective. The Batman is taking a page from Christopher Nolan’s playbook, as it will feature Bruce in his early 30s as well. Bale’s Bruce was inexperienced at the time, his early days as Batman off to a rocky start. Pattinson, who is 33 years old, will have spent a little more time in the field by the time he faces off against Zoe Kravitz’s Catwoman and Colin Farrell’s Penguin. This doesn’t mean he’s completely refined, though. Reeves hopes to portray Bruce’s intelligence as a detective over his physical strength as a crime fighter, meaning his fighting style will still be rough around the edges.
What this means for Bruce Wayne outside of the Batsuit is no clearer, but it’s doubtful that Reeves or Pattinson would be interested in the playboy side of the character. That’s for the best. In Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, Wayne’s promiscuity is part of his self-obsessed façade, but even that may feel outdated in modern superhero films. More probable: an isolated Bruce Wayne and a comic-inspired romance with Catwoman could be in the cards.
To prepare for his role, Pattinson has undergone training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and he has done so under the tutelage of instructors who worked on the John Wick movies. This suggests a grittier fighter who isn’t afraid of hand-to-hand combat. Typically, Batman uses gadgets and theatricality against his enemies and their cronies. By the time the events of The Batman happen, Bruce’s martial arts training should already be complete, and a style involving Brazilian jiu-jitsu indicates he won’t be hiding in the shadows. In the Dark Knight trilogy, Nolan relied on choppy editing and low lighting to give Batman’s opponents a sense of fear and disorientation. Reeves looks to be stepping away from that, offering a visually cleaner and more physically brutal plan of attack.