Official The Batman Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
A noir detective movie with Batman isn't something that's been done in live action. Most of them are straight up action movies with bits of crime, horror, and even comedy thrown in since 89. But doing a batman movie in the vein of the long halloween or dark victory or the animated series is a big deal for me. Most of all, I love Matt Reeves as a director and writer, so I'm down with anything he does. If he has an approach on Batman and that world, I want to see what it is. Especially with this cast

And no batman movie has been the same. Even the ones directed by the same person have been different from the one before it
i'm just over it. People still wanting reboots of movies that aint even 15 years old. There's other material they could tackle. If they really want to "print money" Marvel already showed them that universe building is the way to go.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
i'm just over it. People still wanting reboots of movies that aint even 15 years old. There's other material they could tackle. If they really want to "print money" Marvel already showed them that universe building is the way to go.
DC is slowly building a universe wtf you want them to do another justice league right off the bat?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
DC is slowly building a universe wtf you want them to do another justice league right off the bat?
"why don't they do nightwing or something".
It's good they finally got into Shazam and Black Adam though. And I liked Wonderwoman. But why people still want to see MORE batman and superman movies is beyond me. Based on what i'm reading in here, it will be the same type of Batman movie as before. It's like yall don't see the correlation behind them being so far behind Marvel and them constantly redoing the same two characters. They have alot of characters they could get into.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
they keep releasing the same exact shyt. sorry, i'm tired of it. At least get into the bat family. This shyt is right up there with star wars releasing the same movie over and over again. What do yall expect to be different this time around? :jbhmm:

and i noticed some of yall didn't even respond about YOU liking the shyt, you respond with "it prints money". See yall at the next batman reboot in 2023. :skip:
I mean, one thing I hope to expect is a proper development into the entire bat family. Even a kid Robin chilling at the lair for comedic relief would be kinda dope. One of them Stranger things kids could be dikk Grayson or Tim Drake depending on how old Bruce Wayne is. I feel like they've never done Robin's story correctly outside of the animated series and that's something that could elevate this movie above the others.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

That's cool. But clearly the rest of us in here don't feel that way. You can either rain on the parade or stay indoors:manny:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps

th

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I think it's more of a soft reboot. I thought man of steel was done correctly til I went back and saw the original. I hope they keep some of the original cast like Aquaman and Wonder Woman though.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
low budget ass CW doing a better job than the movie people. They got all they shyt connected and they having event cross-overs and shyt. :heh:
Yeah, it didn't work out the first time around. But everything doesn't have to be like the MCU. They have been making decent movies as of late so let's see if they can continue in that vein. I do understand your sentiment about over doing it with Batman but there is no denying the demand is there. A lot of people love Batman and can't get enough. And if it winds up being good who cares about it being done a lot before.